My first reef UNS 60A 20 gallon AIO

thedraque

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had freshwater, brackish, and fish only Saltwater tanks for several years and we are finally taking the dive into a reef. We purchased a UNS 60A for this purpose around 10 months ago and are just finally setting it up.

Tank: UNS 60A
Light: AI Prime 16
Powerhead: Nero 3
Skimmer: Bubble Magus QQ1
Heater: Eheim Jager
Sand: Fiji Pink
Salt: Red Sea Blue Bucket

Livestock: 2 Mocha clownfish, 5 blue leg hermits

As we are so new to reef it seems like LPS and softies is all we will focus on for a few years. I really like Hammers, Duncans, Zoas, and Frogspawn.

It has been running for 3 weeks and I am using Brightwell MIcrobacter 7

20210706_140835.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had freshwater, brackish, and fish only Saltwater tanks for several years and we are finally taking the dive into a reef. We purchased a UNS 60A for this purpose around 10 months ago and are just finally setting it up.

Tank: UNS 60A
Light: AI Prime 16
Powerhead: Nero 3
Skimmer: Bubble Magus QQ1
Heater: Eheim Jager
Sand: Fiji Pink
Salt: Red Sea Blue Bucket

Livestock: 2 Mocha clownfish, 5 blue leg hermits

As we are so new to reef it seems like LPS and softies is all we will focus on for a few years. I really like Hammers, Duncans, Zoas, and Frogspawn.

It has been running for 3 weeks and I am using Brightwell MIcrobacter 7

20210706_140835.jpg
How’s this tank going? I’m thinking of getting the same tank for a nano reef. I have the UNS stand that fits the 60u and 60A

OP
OP
thedraque

thedraque

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s this tank going? I’m thinking of getting the same tank for a nano reef. I have the UNS stand that fits the 60u and 60A
We ended up getting a used Red Sea Reefer 250 and made that the reef tank, kept the 60A as a freshwater tank. We struggled to keep both fish and corals alive in the 60A for some reason, the coarse sponge + nano skimmer didnt seem to work too well tbh but maybe we just did something wrong

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We ended up getting a used Red Sea Reefer 250 and made that the reef tank, kept the 60A as a freshwater tank. We struggled to keep both fish and corals alive in the 60A for some reason, the coarse sponge + nano skimmer didnt seem to work too well tbh but maybe we just did something wrong
I see I see. Hopefully I’ll have better luck, lol.

Back