my first ro unit

MICKYBLUEEYES

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
GILLESPIE IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys and girls ,just about ready to make the jump and purchase my first ro unit ,dont think i will be on my own when i say i have had enough of carting 30 gallons of ro every week from water supplier to my basement so i was wondering what types are good for there money easy to use and not to complicated to set up ,have been looking at a stage 4 on b r s read some good comments but sometimes wonder if some of the comments are real( am i bad ) will be building a mixing station soon to ,so any feed back will be much appreciated, tanks, i mean thanks lol
 
I've got a spectrapure unit and like it. Pretty quick to set up. Got a dual inline tds meter with it. Now I enjoy 0 tds water from the convenience of my basement. I lugged buckets around to the lfs for 5 years, lol. Not sure what took me so long. Best piece of equipment I have gotten besides my reefkeeper.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
 
When I first started in 2006 I had my LFS special order me a Spectrapure unit that they did not normally stock. Paid in advance so he had a guaranteed sale and was able to give me a discount comparable to buying on line. I was able to support my LFS and received the easiest piece of equipment I own. Hardware store Y connector screwed on to my cold water faucet for the clothes washer that the standard size garden hose connector for the RO/DI unit screws on to and two large screws to hang the unit on the wall beside the washer. RO/DI good water, waste water and dual inline tds meter all had plug and play lines and it was very easy to set up for someone extremely mechanically challenged as I am. Since the laundry room is in the unfinished part of the basement I can put the waste water line in a bucket to pour in the washer for a load of laundry and when (notice I didn't say "if") I forget to empty the bucket or turn off the RO/DI when my drum is full the water overflows on to a concrete floor with a drain that goes into the sump pump well to be pumped away from under the house with no mess to clean up.
 
You can also check out filterdirect.com I have the 6 stage 100gpd unit and its Great! It was only $150 shipped

Sent from my ZTE-X500 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new