My first saltwater tank

freshwaterandmarine

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2020
Messages
177
Reaction score
108
Location
Singapore
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon nano tank with one clownfish, one carpenter wrasse and one banggai cardinal fish.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-17 at 15.28.36.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-09-14 at 15.41.27.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 13.54.16.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 10.13.41.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Welcome to R2R, nice looking tank :)
 
Hi. I forgot to update this build thread. Unfortunately, the tank crashed. Nitrates were too high and I didn't notice. Now there are only 2 nassarius snails left in the tank. This is my fault as I didn't test the water parameters for a long time and I am going revive the tank. I bought a new light that is way better and more suitable for corals. I will reduce the nitrates, add bacteria starter and slowly add new fish into the tank. I will update this build thread soon.
 
Hi. I forgot to update this build thread. Unfortunately, the tank crashed. Nitrates were too high and I didn't notice. Now there are only 2 nassarius snails left in the tank. This is my fault as I didn't test the water parameters for a long time and I am going revive the tank. I bought a new light that is way better and more suitable for corals. I will reduce the nitrates, add bacteria starter and slowly add new fish into the tank. I will update this build thread soon.
i'm sorry that happened to you. tank looked lovely. hopefully your next try will be succesful
happy reefing and good luck!
 
+ 1 and that may be the why your tank crashed, especially since the rock may be too new to effectively process ammonia.
Regular water testing is critical for a new tank.
 
Hi Xavier good luck with the restart. One clownfish, one carpenter wrasse, one banggai cardinal fish and a Firefish, I think your tank was overstocked for a 12 gal.
true. I will probably just add 3 fish and see how it goes before I add corals
 
+ 1 and that may be the why your tank crashed, especially since the rock may be too new to effectively process ammonia.
Regular water testing is critical for a new tank
I will do regular water testing starting from now.
 
I added sand, a new live rock, and bacteria starter last week. Just added a hi fin goby to the tank. It is doing well so far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new