OP
OP
freshwaterandmarine

freshwaterandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some Xenia and a misbar clownfish last week. Just added a sand sifting starfish and 2 hermit crabs. So far doing good.

OP
OP
freshwaterandmarine

freshwaterandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update on the hi fin goby. It hides all day and sometimes I can't even see it. Comes out during feeding to eat some mysis shrimp and after that goes back in the rock. Is this normal?

OP
OP
freshwaterandmarine

freshwaterandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still struggling with hair algae, tried many different methods, scraping it off the rocks, getting nassaurius snails, hermit crabs

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a full tank shot.
I don't see a hair algae "problem". Yeah, you've got a little on the glass, but nothing out of control. Unless the pic isn't showing it all.

Do you scrape the glass every day? What kind of flow do you have? In that pic, I don't see any supplemental flow (like a powerhead/wavemaker). Have you tried Vibrant?

With a sea hare, it'll eat that algae in a day or two and then you'll need to get rid of it.

OP
OP
freshwaterandmarine

freshwaterandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see a hair algae "problem". Yeah, you've got a little on the glass, but nothing out of control. Unless the pic isn't showing it all.

Do you scrape the glass every day? What kind of flow do you have? In that pic, I don't see any supplemental flow (like a powerhead/wavemaker). Have you tried Vibrant?

With a sea hare, it'll eat that algae in a day or two and then you'll need to get rid of it.
Yellow Chromis mysteriously died. I can't confirm this but I think it was sick when I brought it back. Seahare is really helping but I still have a lot of hair algae. I scrape the glass every week. I haven't tried vibrant. I have sufficient flow.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-17 at 12.49.52.jpeg

OP
OP
freshwaterandmarine

freshwaterandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think the hair algae is mostly at the back which is why you couldn't see it.

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not meaning to spread negativity, and may be totally wrong, but this tank looks like a marine land portait 5 gallon, I am getting this from everything about the shape of the tank, the curved glass, and that fact that your original light is the stock light of a marine land portrait 5 gallon( or a pretty good duplicate! )

If it is 5 gallons a whole lot needs to be changed, but please correct me, and give me the link to the tank if it is larger, because I would love to get a tank such as this ( also which one is it 12 or 15 or 20?? )

OP
OP
freshwaterandmarine

freshwaterandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not meaning to spread negativity, and may be totally wrong, but this tank looks like a marine land portait 5 gallon, I am getting this from everything about the shape of the tank, the curved glass, and that fact that your original light is the stock light of a marine land portrait 5 gallon( or a pretty good duplicate! )

If it is 5 gallons a whole lot needs to be changed, but please correct me, and give me the link to the tank if it is larger, because I would love to get a tank such as this ( also which one is it 12 or 15 or 20?? )
Hi. This tank is a 15-20 gallon. Not too sure but it is definitely not a 5 gallon. Sorry but I highly doubt you can get this tank. I live in Singapore and I bought this tank from a fish farm who made it themselves. Sorry.

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. This tank is a 15-20 gallon. Not too sure but it is definitely not a 5 gallon. Sorry but I highly doubt you can get this tank. I live in Singapore and I bought this tank from a fish farm who made it themselves. Sorry.
Then I stand corrected! Sorry for the misunderstanding :) and I love than Xenia colony!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back