OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone! So far the rest of the fish are doing well this morning. The video really does not do the Zebra Bar Goby justice. He's got these beautiful little orange stripes running top to bottom across his body. I'm going to get them some kind of hide today while I'm out to make them feel more comfortable. Also the Scissortail looks much prettier IRL he's got a slight yellow line around his fins.
1000003935.jpg

1000003936.jpg

Last edited:

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I put some extra live rock I have in the QT tank as long as it always stays in the QT tank?
It is all depend what you want to do with the tank. If it observation tank only, yes. If you will use for treatment like copper, you will have to take out rock before putting medicine.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is all depend what you want to do with the tank. If it observation tank only, yes. If you will use for treatment like copper, you will have to take out rock before putting medicine.
I haven't seen any signs of sickness and I'm unsure if I should treat for anything since there are no symptoms I have read of people having success both ways...

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen any signs of sickness and I'm unsure if I should treat for anything since there are no symptoms I have read of people having success both ways...
I went the other way as I put directly on display tank. I am not sure you should treat if there is no signs.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do I need to QT a bubble anemone?
Up to you. There's no skeleton so if there's no frag plug or rock that it's attached to, it's unlikely to bring hitchhikers but they can have contaminated water in them and often, when an anemone gets to a new tank they'll expel most of the water inside them and refill with new tank water from my understanding. Mine didn't but I've heard of lots of people seeing theirs do it.

Anything in the source water can be transferred to your tank in small quantities.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I put some extra live rock I have in the QT tank as long as it always stays in the QT tank?
Like @Remi said you could but you would have to remove it if you have to run copper and you plan to put it back in the DT. If no plans to return it to the DT plop it in. You could also pick up some cheap dry rock and throw it in your sump that you could switch out if needed.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm really hoping she attached to one of the rocks beside her and stays in the front of the tank.
1000003941.jpg
What color? Is it green with purple tips? Or is it white with pink tips?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It looks like a Bubble Tip kinda but it also kinda looks like a Sebae anemone.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you're sure it's not a Sebae anemone?
They had it listed as a bubble but they could be wrong how can I tell? The color changes under different lights. Under theirs it looked more green. I will get a better picture when I get home again. How could I tell if it's a Sebae?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back