My First SPS in a LPS tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter RMS18
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2015
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
2,156
Location
The Shore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of the 3 "easiest" SPS corals my lfs picked out for me I picked the hardest one... of course lol.

Hopefully I can keep this piece.

220105351a561cf2a449e3afab45cb3f.jpg
 
Last edited:
Keeping sps corals is really not as hard as one might think. Both LPS corals and sps corals seem to prefer the same parameters and after that it's just a matter of finding a place where both the lighting and flow needs are met. GL.
 
Last edited:
My acros and montis really took off after i stopped moving them around in the tank. Undisturbed for about a month to two and now they r growing rapidly
 
Can sps do well without dosing anything other than keeping mag, ca and mag levels in check?
 
All of them need to be within a range. I dose alk daily calc few times a week mag never since its in the salt
 
All of them need to be within a range. I dose alk daily calc few times a week mag never since its in the salt
I meant are other additives like potassium and and kits like red sea colors, amino acids necessary?
 
A lot of those r in ur salt depending on the brand u use so if u do ur weekly water change ur already adding those
 
Some people will add things to bring out certain colors in their acros. I use instant ocean reef crystals and my acros r full of color
 
Some people will add things to bring out certain colors in their acros. I use instant ocean reef crystals and my acros r full of color
Ok yea I use the same salt. Ok cool thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new