My first tang!

First thought looking at your thread… acanthurus for sure… which one is hard to say from your pics and being a juvenile. It’s gonna be bigger than you bargained for 100 pct.
Great lol… don’t think I’ll be going back to that shop! I love the little guy, but that is irritating as I hate having to rehome any animal I take under my care.
 
Pics are dark. Are you sure, not a dussomieri?
Experience? I have 26 tangs

1718490195779.png
I have 5 in my 200 and wondered if that was pushing it lol. Beautiful tank!
 
Great lol… don’t think I’ll be going back to that shop! I love the little guy, but that is irritating as I hate having to rehome any animal I take under my care.
It'll be fine for now

Take it back and trade for two smaller tangs in 8 months(the ones you really want)

The LFS owner would love that deal
 
Definitely not my guy in terms of color
Yeah I didnt think so. Im jealous, those tangs are so pretty! When his color changes you can probably get a good amount for him in credit or from another reefer! I would totally take him if I had a bigger tank since it looks like even my 300 would be too small!! Lol
 
Yeah I didnt think so. Im jealous, those tangs are so pretty! When his color changes you can probably get a good amount for him in credit or from another reefer! I would totally take him if I had a bigger tank since it looks like even my 300 would be too small!! Lol
I will definitely have to do that. Even if I wanted a 300 gallon tank, I live in an old farmhouse and I’m not convinced it wouldn’t fall through to my subfloor lol
 
I will definitely have to do that. Even if I wanted a 300 gallon tank, I live in an old farmhouse and I’m not convinced it wouldn’t fall through to my subfloor lol
Oh yeah that would suck! Dont want that
 
I will definitely have to do that. Even if I wanted a 300 gallon tank, I live in an old farmhouse and I’m not convinced it wouldn’t fall through to my subfloor lol
Don't write your farmhouse off. I live in a Queenslander, all timber joists and floorboards, had to reinforce the floor a bit but I got a 200 gallon sitting upstairs, I calculated weight to be somewhere around 1 to 1.5 tonnes.
20240616_141519.jpg
 
Don't write your farmhouse off. I live in a Queenslander, all timber joists and floorboards, had to reinforce the floor a bit but I got a 200 gallon sitting upstairs, I calculated weight to be somewhere around 1 to 1.5 tonnes.
20240616_141519.jpg
I also re-enforced my floor just out of precaution
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new