My first tank!! Biocube 29

If you are looking for a decent online place to shop other than local fish store(LFS), Liveaquaria.com (Diver's Den section) and bluezooaquatics.
 
Nice start and very exciting. I know it can kind of be intimidating going to the LFS, but I would suggest checking them all out with in a reasonable distance. And don't be afraid to ask questions, they don't expect you to start spotting off Latin names, most would be happy to have a new customer. And above all patence
 
I started with a 29 g bio cube, now I have 90... want a 180.... This hobby is addictive and I love every second of it! Good luck!

My fiancé caught me drawing my "new aquarium build" I said it with such confidence even I believed I knew what I was talking about
 
Nice setup!! I love the rockwork, please keep us posted!
 
Cool! Following this one! :D
 
Cycling: Day 14 :)

IMG_3391.JPG


IMG_3394.JPG
 
welcome to R2R! Nice cube you've got there. the cycling part gets really fun when you see ammonia start to go down and trites and trates start going up. the end of the cycle is getting closer! Hang in there...
 
Water parameters Day 16

(Sorry for poor pic quality)

IMG_3443.JPG


IMG_3444.JPG
 
Last edited:
welcome to R2R! Nice cube you've got there. the cycling part gets really fun when you see ammonia start to go down and trites and trates start going up. the end of the cycle is getting closer! Hang in there...[/QUOTE

Thank you!! I'm loving the process.
 
Well, I just went to my LFS again. (they are not the friendliest of folks.). I took a water sample to have them test. I was told because I used dry rock my tank "would never do anything" . I need at least 30 lbs of live rock and if I didn't purchase it they would never sell me anything. I'm not usually an emotional person but holy smokes!

Looks like I'll be purchasing online.
 
That's crazy your LFS tried to corner you into a sale. I've used dry rock and my corals grow and fish live.
 
Well, I just went to my LFS again. (they are not the friendliest of folks.). I took a water sample to have them test. I was told because I used dry rock my tank "would never do anything" . I need at least 30 lbs of live rock and if I didn't purchase it they would never sell me anything. I'm not usually an emotional person but holy smokes!
:rolleyes:
yea, weve got one of those. its pretty fun to go back in six months with pictures and then spent four bucks.
look into local clubs. a great resource.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new