My First Tank Build Discussion!

HBoojie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my build thread, I’m very excited for this and couldn’t contain it any longer so I felt the need to share!
Tank is a 24g aqua top AIO! Relatively cheap, but if done right can be as good as any! Equipment will be as follows:
AI prime 16hd
Aqua too Recife 24 AIO w/ kraken screen lid/ glass cover.
Upgraded from the 420gph stock pump to a 520gph jebao DCS-2000 w/ controller
Paired with that will be a VCA random flow generator to hopefully keep me from buying a power head, may need to dual split, but we will see old pump will aid in water changes = Win Win situation!!
XP Aqua Ultimate ATO for its over flow fail safe! Paired with a synergy reef ato reservoir
Filtration will be a mix of ceramic rings chemi pure blue, filter floss and foam.
Currently working on building a media cup for the floss since no company makes a filter sock for this tank, and I don’t really want a filter sock.
Ink bird ITC-306a Paired with 100w heating element- still hesitant to do this combo
Vee Gee STX-3
Hanna check temp
Carribsea fiji pink
Carribsea shapes life rock
Red Sea Coral pro salt
Python small and tall for sifting aid and water change
Fritz turbo start
Reef roids
Coral RX coral dip
Also snagged some nifty extendo coral feeding basters! Amazon is a hookup
This is my build thus far, and if I’m missing any key things please feel free to let me know! I wanted a semi smart tank, since all my freshwater planted tanks are close to smart tanks as well (controlled from my phone/iPad) if there is anything also that y’all could recommend, equipment, feeding, whatever please share! I know some will say you need two part or what not, but we will see how weekly water changes do, with constant testing and go from there! I’m waiting for BRS to stock their kit again with the two Hanna checkers, and a few other testing pieces.
I will do regular uploads via YouTube, and will also demonstrate the equipment I will be using and explaining them also! November can’t come soon enough and I can’t wait to make this journey and show you all! Reasoning behind waiting till November is I’m active duty military and am currently on a deployment..

YouTube link: please subscribe and be patient!

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 51.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back