My first Triton results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Eddie909

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my 1st results the other day and not sure how to resolve the issues. I am using Red Sea Coral Pro salt. Dosing with Red Sea NO3: PO4-X (is a unique complex of carbons that are used by nutrient reducing bacteria.)
Reef Energy A & B (Coral Nutrition Supplement). I am using GFO & carbon reactor. I am also using a UV.

My tin (Sn) is high (4 x 15% weekly WC with PURE or recommended salt). What is pure and what is the recommended salt? My Mg and Potassium is high (not dosing any Magnesium). Mo (Molybdenum) is high??
Zine also high, not sure why. Iodine is high (I am dosing that and will cut down). Ba (Barium) is to high ???

results2.jpg
results1.jpg

For this program do I need to get an algae scrubber? Do i need to stop my red sea products and reactors?

I appreciate any help.

thanks,
Ed

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ed,

I had allot of questions too after getting my results back.

If you login, there are links for a video about interpreting results as well as a PDF guide.

Interesting you had high Tin, I did too.

Here is what we have in common from your post

- UV sterilizer

So far the possible causes I have ran across are:

- Razor blade stuck to powerhead magnet (does not look like cause)
- Shorted out powerhead
- Possible solder from DIY LEDs
- Possible solder vapor from working on LEDs in same room as tank

That is all I can guess.

Anyways the recommendations from the guide for high tin is:

Sn (Tin) Too high -4x15% WC with PURE or recommended salt

Thanks again for sharing!

dgrigor02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't the first thing to rule out is the salt itself by getting a test done on your salt ? You would then know what you can abd can't correct by water changes and a baseline for what may be accumulating.

Mine came back high on a few things so I had my Instant Ocean tested + spiked with everything I dose ( except kalkwasser ) so that ruled out everything I put in the tank. Aluminum came back zero so I concluded my high aluminum was from kalkwasser or food. However, not worth trying to correct.

Last edited:

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't the first thing to rule out is the salt itself by getting a test done on your salt ? So you know what you can't correct.

Mine came back high on a few things so I had my Instant Ocean tested + spiked with everything I dose ( except kalkwasser ) so that ruled out everything I put in the tank so I concluded my high aluminum was from kalkwasser or food.

Kalk is interesting, I do dose that with my vinegar. Trying not to worry 'too' much about the aluminum since it does not seem to be affecting people. It sure is interesting though to think about where it is coming from.

That is outstanding you did your tank water and then and did a delta against fresh sw + your additives.

Thanks for the info.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back