My first video...hope you enjoy!

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
343
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bed of my current 40g. Shot with a Canon T1i, still need to get a macro lens. I can't believe this camera actually picked up the music in the background, need to find a way to get rid of the sound.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XYJOfNplHzk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XYJOfNplHzk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
 
This one had the whites and blues on, the camera adjusts it so much it doesn't do any justice. Once I figure out the white balance I'll post another.
Do you have no suface movment as I cant see the shimmer,maybe the camera doesnt catch it?I do like the color your LED's give your tank though.Very nice
 
Nice video, the song however makes me want to lock myself in the lab with a fifth of everclear and dye my hair black while somehow not being emo.
 
Do you have no suface movment as I cant see the shimmer,maybe the camera doesnt catch it?I do like the color your LED's give your tank though.Very nice

No surface movement, MP40 was turned all the way down.

Nice video, the song however makes me want to lock myself in the lab with a fifth of everclear and dye my hair black while somehow not being emo.

Ha. I will say his most recent album is the better than anything he's put out in years, definitely a few questionable tracks.
 
1smile1 Thanks for sharing!!
 
Dude what type of lighting is that... If you have questions on the T1i I can help you, I have a camera....

Heres a pic I shot with it...
IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg


But anywho, sick video man!!! Gotta hit you up for some Acans....my new found hobby!
 
If you like acans, just wait til you see what I've got comin tomorrow! I'm running one of the fixures from luke33. Will be running 2 on the new tank which arrives Friday.
 
If you like acans, just wait til you see what I've got comin tomorrow! I'm running one of the fixures from luke33. Will be running 2 on the new tank which arrives Friday.
Are those the Gen1 LED's from luke,and do you have all the LED's on in that video??
 
Are those the Gen1 LED's from luke,and do you have all the LED's on in that video??

Yes, I got the first generation fixtures which should be perfect for the new tank. I had all LED's on but I wouldn't say this video is an accurate representation of color as I was using the auto adjust white balance.
 
Looks great man! Is that a mini elegance down there too? And i dig teh new album as well, best he's put out in a LONG time. How about his last album....what a flop that was!
 
Ha, relapse was a joke.

I believe that's my walking dendro you're referring to! I love that little guy, quite the socialite in the tank.
 
You have some very nice acans luvmyacans. I especially like the four orange rainbow colored ones. I think we may have to trade in the future when they have grown out a bit. Nice video by the way :)
 
you said you needed to find a way to remove the sound....most editing software will take care of it but if you not editing clips on the camera menu you can switch it to record without sound .since the mic isnt great on the t1i its what i normally do
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new