Which video do you like better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Palting
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Palting

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2013
Messages
469
Reaction score
14
Location
Canton, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made 2 videos: one with a video camera, one with a DSLR in video mode. Both were left at default settings. My family is divided on which video quality is better, so I thought I'd post both, and have you guys decide.

Video camera:

[Video=youtube;[U]oZ89KMdJKZI][/U]Reefpanasonic - YouTube[/VIDEO]
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oZ89KMdJKZI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DSLR:

[VIDEO=youtube;[U]kBZz_VkYwwU][/U]Reef2013.2.8 - YouTube[/VIDEO]
 
It's an absolutely stunning tank, you should be very proud.

The first video the colors are more intense, fantastic Green Millepora. The second video highlights the fish more, love the Mandarin.

Overall I like the first better and think both should be 2 min max.

Embedding should be easy I am not familar with the format. Go Advanced is the first step, which icon to choose I do not know I have not played with it.

Thank you for sharing.
 
Thanks for the replies and the kind words. I agree they are a bit on the long side.

If what you mean by truth is truth in color and intensity, the first video is pretty much spot on and real in the close ups and macro shots. For the full tank shot, the truth is somewhere in between the pronounced intensity of the first and the washed out look of the second. Both cameras were set to their factory defaults and full auto.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new