MY FIRST WIN AS A REEFER

FlameangelLover

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Messages
839
Reaction score
823
Location
detroit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so this may seem small to you guys but this is my first win as a reefer. Diatoms are starting to go away!!!!!! And guess what I did?

NOTHING

@Dr. Reef told me to just make sure my Rodi water is clean and just wait it out. And that’s what I did. The tank still has a long way to go but I like to celebrate wins! One step closer to that bubble tip anemone! Which is the reason why I got this tank
IMG_1425.jpeg
IMG_1388.jpeg
 
Okay so this may seem small to you guys but this is my first win as a reefer. Diatoms are starting to go away!!!!!! And guess what I did?

NOTHING

@Dr. Reef told me to just make sure my Rodi water is clean and just wait it out. And that’s what I did. The tank still has a long way to go but I like to celebrate wins! One step closer to that bubble tip anemone! Which is the reason why I got this tank
IMG_1425.jpeg
IMG_1388.jpeg
Your sand looks very fine, can you check your phosphate level?
 
Hmm sure I would have to buy the kit. Is that something that comes with fine sand?
 
Last edited:
Cool but diatoms naturally go away on their own for virtually everybody.

You do know that your first year will be filled with various ugly phases right?
 
Cool but diatoms naturally go away on their own for virtually everybody.

You do know that your first year will be filled with various ugly phases right?
Yes I just like to celebrate the wins I understand they go away by themselves for everyone it’s just cool seeing it happen for me. I believe in celebrating the wins in life
 
You will find that a lot of stuff just gets solved by itself when you do nothing.
 
Are you testing for anything? Nitrate, Phosphate, ALK, Salinity, kind of required testing to try to be successful in this hobby.
Everything lol. My alk was 9.4 yesterday and is 9.6 today and I don’t dose lol so idk how that happened but maybe it’s my Hanna checker
 
Congratulations on making it past the diatom phase!
 
Everything lol. My alk was 9.4 yesterday and is 9.6 today and I don’t dose lol so idk how that happened but maybe it’s my Hanna checker
There is a lot of fluctuations in the first year. Its why a lot of people tell others to take it "slow and steady".

It is scary and fun lol
Its very enjoyable. I have had my share of battles. But, giving in didn't happen. Yet...
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new