My fish are all dying

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to be writing this but I am not sure what else to do I am getting tons of different stories from 3 lfs. I bought a anthias to add to the tank drip acclimated him and put him in. Did good for 4 days then stopped eating and died a day later. Took him back and lfs said he was probably stressed. A week later my purple dottyback started acting weird and started hiding and not eating. Dead a day later. No discoloration really or signs of ich or velvet. A week later my tomini tangs also acts wired eyes look cloudy next day dead. He looked like he might have some white spots so I gave him a freshwater dip and mucus came off when I put him back in the tank but when he died I did not see any spots or lesions. Following day white clownfish ate in the morning boom dead in the afternoon. I checked my parameters nothing is wrong salt level 1.025 nitrites 20 and no amonia. I only have 1 clownfish a cardinal who now also has cloudy eyes and seems to be acting weird and a wrasse. This is in a 75 gallon tank with 2 gsps, zoa and an anemone. I don't know what to do. I haven't changed anything and none of the pics of disease I see look like my fish and for them to die so quick?? Please help!

OP
OP
B

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is very weird, maybe temp?

If not i would definitely do a 50% water change no matter what your parameters are, then go from there.
It has stayed at 78 this whole time. I did 3 20 percent water changes last two weeks when I had a bit of an algae bloom and had to go dark for a couple of days. I am getting a uv sterilizer tomorrow.

OP
OP
B

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A parasite does not always show itself.

With that much death that fast, I’d risk taking the rest out for some treatment separately.

Trust you mean 20 nitrates, and not nitrites, that level of nitrites might kill.
Yes sorry. Tank has been running really good for 4 months. Now apocalypse

OP
OP
B

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u have a picture of your fish are they trying to jump out at all,if they look fine might be your electrics look at all your wires pumps etc.
How would I tell if there is an electric problem? Wouldn't I feel it with my hand in the tank?

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I might be new but I am experienced with fish, we need parameters but if it stopped eating it is usually a internal parasite or water. What’s your salinity did it spike?

OP
OP
B

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the tank

Attachments

• PXL_20210124_231955622.jpg
    PXL_20210124_231955622.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 283

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like something definitely got into the system when you added the anthias. If I understand this, all other fish had been with you for at least a month and you added the anthias directly after drip acclimation from a lfs. Did the fish do any type of qt?
Corals and other inverts okay?

OP
OP
B

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I might be new but I am experienced with fish, we need parameters but if it stopped eating it is usually a internal parasite or water. What’s your salinity did it spike?
Sounds like something definitely got into the system when you added the anthias. If I understand this, all other fish had been with you for at least a month and you added the anthias directly after drip acclimation from a lfs. Did the fish do any type of qt?
Corals and other inverts okay?
I added the anthias and some snails. 1 snail has died as well. I unfortunately don't have a qt tank. I try to watch them very closely at the lfs for a couple of days and do a ton of research. I am looking to add a qt tank but I wasn't there yet.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back