My fish only eats McDonalds Big Macs...

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that's not true but here is the deal. I have bonded Wyoming clowns got the small male first had him for around 6 months. He was only eating flake food at LFS. I've tried to get him to eat brine, mysis, Rods Reef, etc. my other female clown loves shrimp and my Midas eats everything.

I am soaking the flake food in Selcon to help it be more nutritional but if he refuses to eat anything but flake will this be an issue? Are there some flake food better than others? FYI feeding Prime One Flake.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely think you should keep trying frozen. I would try to mix some in with the flake. LRS foods would be great to try

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a one spot foxface and a bicolor angel that refuse ANY live or frozen foods. They will only take flskes and pellets. The foxface actually hides when I put frozen food into the tank. I got them both as small juveniles and they are now fat and healthy looking large adults. I use ocean Nutrition Formula One, Two, Prime Reef, and Brine Shrimp Flakes. I add a few drops of Selcon 3 or 4 times per week.
All of my other fish greedily eat the frozen and the flake foods.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 59 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 19.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%

Back