My frogspawn died overnight

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, this morning I woke up to a strange white skeleton in my tank and when I got closer I saw that it was my green and purple frogspawn. It has been in my tank for 5 months with low light to aclamate it to my tank. It was doing really well these past weeks but this morning it just died. here are my parameters
Alk 8.6
Salinity 1.026
Mag 1400
It also had light flow
Thank you for reading this and helping me

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything within stinging distance upstream?

Recently I had a blunder where a torch was knocked into my hammer/fs area.

Lost a few heads overnight.

OP
OP
N

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• DB0AA699-8231-437B-98D2-C031BE7FE587.jpeg
    DB0AA699-8231-437B-98D2-C031BE7FE587.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
N

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was about 6 inches away from my hammer, is that close enough to kill my frogspawn
Is there anything within stinging distance upstream?

Recently I had a blunder where a torch was knocked into my hammer/fs area.

Lost a few heads overnight.

Attachments

• 0C5CC3AC-214F-4F89-97AB-F6A37C10B68D.jpeg
    0C5CC3AC-214F-4F89-97AB-F6A37C10B68D.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 111

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There could have been a bacterial infection that was affecting your coral. In this case, keep an eye on the other corals, and dip if necessary.

NanoJHB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you had polyp bailout. Super frustrating and often you dont see any issues until right at the end.
How have your parameters been the last month or two? They might be fine right now, but fluctuation a while ago could cause it.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bubble coral but it is on the other side of the tank like 12 inches away
I have a massive bubble that can sting a foot away. Most cannot. I don't think that is the issue here.

Look at the flesh around the head of your other euphyllia.. You are looking for recession.

IF this actually happened overnight, it was likely a swing in critical parameters causing the bailout. I don't see Any flesh left there to indicate that it melted. The unfortunate thing is this could have happened weeks to months ago. Stability is key..

There is a silver lining. Look for the head. There is a member on here who has gotten two euphyllia bailed heads to reanchor, and begin skeletal growth. Get a flashlight and look around your tank and find that head. If it's intact, report back.

OP
OP
N

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a massive bubble that can sting a foot away. Most cannot. I don't think that is the issue here.

Look at the flesh around the head of your other euphyllia.. You are looking for recession.

IF this actually happened overnight, it was likely a swing in critical parameters causing the bailout. I don't see Any flesh left there to indicate that it melted. The unfortunate thing is this could have happened weeks to months ago. Stability is key..

There is a silver lining. Look for the head. There is a member on here who has gotten two euphyllia bailed heads to reanchor, and begin skeletal growth. Get a flashlight and look around your tank and find that head. If it's intact, report back.
I will do that when I get back from school

OP
OP
N

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you had polyp bailout. Super frustrating and often you dont see any issues until right at the end.
How have your parameters been the last month or two? They might be fine right now, but fluctuation a while ago could cause it.
My parameters have been normal for the last two months no big fluctuations. It was the happiest that I have every seen it two night ago so this was a surprise

OP
OP
N

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a polyp bailout, I found the frogspawn under the rock and i put it into a cup with sand in it. Is there a way that i can get it to re attach?

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a polyp bailout, I found the frogspawn under the rock and i put it into a cup with sand in it. Is there a way that i can get it to re attach?
There's a few threads here that say it will start to regrow it's skeleton over time if you take care of it. Good luck!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 57 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back