ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the scape :)
Thank you Nuxx! Can’t take credit other than asking ReefRock_Oasis to combine styles to create something new. I’ve just started to glue corals on and it’s working well and showcases each coral. Pics coming soon!

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Got my first fish a few weeks ago; they have settled in nicely. A bonded pair of Black Storm Clownfish, named Loki and Sylvie as they are variants of each other. I got them from @Marine Collectors who ensured they were not only properly QT’d, but conditioned on both TDO Chroma and PE Mysis. They are healthy, phat, and clearly happy together.

However, they ignored the lovely nexus joker anemone I purchased for them and are currently using the back corner of the tank to call home. Really guys?!?

That's to be expected and to be fair, the anemone decided to nest in the back of the scape so I can't really see it to well anyway. Then the anemone promptly split and the baby nested in back of scape too!! However, both are thriving so can’t complain. I have RTBTA coming next week and will be smarter in my initial placement and hope it settles at least in the front of the rockscape and the clowns will consider this more traditional housing option.

IMG_2059.jpg IMG_2045.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I seem to have gotten through the ugly stage with just a small touch of diatoms that stayed on the rockscape and left the sand alone. Copepods and CUC kept it at a fairly low level. I added a baby tuxedo urchin two days ago and he has already cleaned the entire rockscape on the left. I am picking up his brother at the LSF tomorrow for the rockscape on the right.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow of their progress.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: As I had mentioned, I had a wee bit of fun purchasing a bunch of corals during these holiday sales. I'm still trying to get some decent pictures and am going to order those Kraken glasses, but in the meantime here are just a few of the corals - I am very Goni focused. Also, please note the vast amounts of glue/putty surrounding the frags, it's a disaster but I am ok with it. At least I know those suckers are on their real good. LOL

IMG_2018.jpg IMG_2019.jpg IMG_2024.jpg IMG_2026.jpg IMG_2027.jpg IMG_2028.jpg IMG_2029.jpg

Last edited:

FishiesRus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I had mentioned, I had a wee bit of fun purchasing a bunch of corals during these holiday sales. I'm still trying to get some decent pictures and am going to order those Kraken glasses, but in the meantime here just a few of the corals - I am very Goni focused. Also, please note the vast amounts of glue/putty surrounding the frags, it's a disaster but I am ok with it. At least I know those suckers are on there real good. LOL
What’s that long wavy pink goni?

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the gonis, and more so the clowns. For some reason clowns are my favorite thing to watch in my tank especially when they are in an anemone.
Me too Chris and I’m not surprised we like the same!

Now if only those silly clowns will give me the pleasure of hosting my offerings of anemones!

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Me too Chris and I’m not surprised we like the same!

Now if only those silly clowns will give me the pleasure of hosting my offerings of anemones!
Patience, they'll get there eventually. Mine just started going into my bubbletip. It took them a long time though, in my old tank I had a carpet anemone and they jumped right in as soon as I put it in there. I guess mine just preferred the carpet over the bubbletip.

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patience, they'll get there eventually. Mine just started going into my bubbletip. It took them a long time though, in my old tank I had a carpet anemone and they jumped right in as soon as I put it in there. I guess mine just preferred the carpet over the bubbletip.
You’re right Chris, this usually takes time, sometimes months. I’m just so excited to see them all cuddly in a soft coral bed vs the hard glass corner they’ve chosen- lol

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking amazing!
Thanks Brazilian! Even though it’s very new and not filled out, I am loving each aspect and stage of my lil ocean, I spend hours each day gazing at all the life happening in there.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I had mentioned, I had a wee bit of fun purchasing a bunch of corals during these holiday sales. I'm still trying to get some decent pictures and am going to order those Kraken glasses, but in the meantime here just a few of the corals - I am very Goni focused. Also, please note the vast amounts of glue/putty surrounding the frags, it's a disaster but I am ok with it. At least I know those suckers are on there real good. LOL
Some great looking coral!

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, these came out really blue, but the Krakrn glasses are on their way and I’ll post better photos soon. This gives you a sense of how these corals are nicely featured in the rock scape @Reefrock_oasis created for me.

@kevgib67 I tried to make a little zoa garden in the middle like yours, but it has a long way to grow before they are spread out and touching. Thanks for the inspiration.

412BA46C-1821-4186-9A55-3BD5FCDA974D.jpeg 027C7EA0-D3F5-450A-B5A5-5C8EACBDFB2F.jpeg 43EEE599-EC8A-41BE-A8CA-E980E50BEF30.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, these came out really blue, but the Krakrn glasses are on their way and I’ll post better photos soon. This gives you a sense of how these corals are nicely featured in the rock scape @Reefrock_oasis created for me.

@kevgib67 I tried to make a little zoa garden in the middle like yours, but it has a long way to grow before they are spread out and touching. Thanks for the inspiration.

412BA46C-1821-4186-9A55-3BD5FCDA974D.jpeg 027C7EA0-D3F5-450A-B5A5-5C8EACBDFB2F.jpeg 43EEE599-EC8A-41BE-A8CA-E980E50BEF30.jpeg
Just a thought and I might of done it differently for the quickness, @Corals.com has beautiful mixed zoa gardens you just plop in your tank and it looks like you grew it out a year.

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought and I might of done it differently for the quickness, @Corals.com has beautiful mixed zoa gardens you just plop in your tank and it looks like you grew it out a year.
Now way!!! I’m going go check them out!!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back