OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has beautiful gardens where it looks like he really placed the colors to complement each other.
That’s important to me; and I’m not sure if I achieved that on what I’d started. I’ll get one of his for the sandbed and put mine around the gonis.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s important to me; and I’m not sure if I achieved that on what I’d started. I’ll get one of his for the sandbed and put mine around the gonis.
Did you get a look at them? He is kinda an artist the way the different color zoas enhance the others colors. Simply beautiful, better than mine. Post a pic of which one you choose, Im looking forward to seeing it.

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get a look at them? He is kinda an artist the way the different color zoas enhance the others colors. Simply beautiful, better than mine. Post a pic of which one you choose, Im looking forward to seeing it.
I just took a quick peak. I’m supposed to be paying attention for family time today- hehe.
I’ll take some leisurely time in the next day or two and let you know what looks good- it’ll probably be like Doritos and I will want them all!

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Update: I did a lot of research on tank lids; there are quite a few companies that produce really good quality lids so it was a tough decision.
It came down to what you got for a standard option lid, how much that cost, and that the company continues to innovate; and does some crazy custom lids. I didn’t need anything fancy or custom, but I liked that they go out of their way to meet customers needs and still keep the quality up - not always easy to do both.

I chose @Top_Lids and I’m blown away at not only the quality, but the accuracy of each cut fitting around equipment - remember, they had to depend on my measurements and I took HS Algebra 3 years in a row and they finally said “No more math for you!”

One of the owners, Fred, called me while he was on vacation visiting family in Europe and when I told him I didn’t know how to read the small hatches on the ruler, he said, “No Worries! Let’s FaceTime and I will walk you through this”. It was at least midnight for him and he was so patient as I climbed up and down the step ladder with a big metal 36’ yard stick (all I had). It was quite comical.

So, I received the lid last night and it fit as if an AI robot had measured it. Not a smidgen of space for a fish to jump out. The acrylic is solid, and the mesh is taut. It’s so clear and visibility is great.

And, just as important, it has such a streamlined profile, that when you stand in front of the tank, you don’t even see it!

There has been a chonky Diamond Goby at my LFS that has been waiting to come home with me and I can finally get him.

Two Tangs coming from Marine Collectors in the next week or so and this lid will keep everyone safe.

Thank you Fred and everyone at Top Lids for working through the holidays to get this to me before my fish arrive.

IMG_2076.jpeg IMG_2078.jpeg IMG_2079.jpeg IMG_2080.jpeg 4A629C95-C4EA-4431-9540-29E93E9B530B.jpeg

Last edited:

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Update: I did a lot of research on tank lids; there are quite a few companies that produce really good quality lids so it was a tough decision.
It came down to what you got for a standard option lid, how much that cost, and that the company continues to innovate; and does some crazy custom lids. I didn’t need anything fancy or custom, but I liked that they go out of their way to meet customers needs and still keep the quality up - not always easy to do both.

I chose @Top_Lids and I’m blown away at not only the quality, but the accuracy of each cut fitting around equipment - remember, they had to depend on my measurements and I took HS Algebra 3 years in a row and they finally said “No more math for you!”

One of the owners, Fred, called me while he was on vacation visiting family in Europe and when I told him I didn’t know how to read the small hatches on the ruler, he said, “No Worries! Let’s FaceTime and I will walk you through this”. It was at least midnight for him and he was so patient as I climbed up and down the step ladder with a big metal 36’ yard stick (all I had). It was quite comical.

So, I received the lid last night and it fit as if an AI robot had measured it. Not a smidgen of space for a fish to jump out. The acrylic is solid, and the mesh is taut. It’s so clear and visibility is great.

And, just as important, it has such a streamlined profile, that when you stand in front of the tank, you don’t even see it!

There has been a chonky Diamond Goby at my LFS that has been waiting to come home with me and I can finally get him.

Two Tangs coming from Marine Collectors in the next week or so and this lid will keep everyone safe.

Thank you Fred and everyone at Top Lids for working through the holidays to get this to me before my fish arrive.

IMG_2076.jpeg IMG_2078.jpeg IMG_2079.jpeg IMG_2080.jpeg
I feel your pain, I went to public school!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the 70’s they didn’t talk about learning disabilities- you just hid in the back row praying they wouldn’t call on you!
I was always in the back corner by myself with a cone hat on my head.:zany-face::zany-face:

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2076.jpeg IMG_2078.jpeg IMG_2079.jpeg IMG_2080.jpeg 4A629C95-C4EA-4431-9540-29E93E9B530B.jpeg

Hello Jenny,

This is Fred and Leo writing for you.

We'd like to say Thank you for trust on our work! We know how special this tank is for you and want to express that we made it with love. Its was important to read that and see that we are helping the hobby and conecting with people like you.

Wish you a great 2024 and to many years of protection and enjoyment

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jenny,

This is Fred and Leo writing for you.

We'd like to say Thank you for trust on our work! We know how special this tank is for you and want to express that we made it with love. Its was important to read that and see that we are helping the hobby and conecting with people like you.

Wish you a great 2024 and to many years of protection and enjoyment
Hi Fred and Leo,

I definitely felt the love on this Lid Build!

And I always like to support small businesses that focus on quality and customer service so am happy to write a recommendation!

My clownfish have swam the entire perimeter of the tank, looking up and are pleased they are in a cozy, secure home. Hehe.

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your tank and coral selections! I'm looking forward to following along.
Thanks Fishy; as you can see by my intro to thread I had and continue to have a lot of help.

Including @REEF2REEF which is basically the Library of Congress for all things Aquaria!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your new lid - it looks great and complement the tank very well!

Looks like you're doing well with your coral also! Keep it up and happy reefing! :cool:

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your new lid - it looks great and complement the tank very well!

Looks like you're doing well with your coral also! Keep it up and happy reefing! :cool:
Thanks Casper! Now that I’ve had it a few days, I can’t say enough about it! So streamlined, yet sturdy.

Corals are doing good, some have struggled but considering how new the tank is, not surprising. The long-arm gonis are going bonkers, so fluffy, yet the micro-gonis really struggling - interesting.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are absolutely ready for a tailspot now! You have your lid

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are absolutely ready for a tailspot now! You have your lid
Still gotta get my tangs in the tank and then the melanurus Wrasse Finally! All three are very much needed for the utilitarian group of fish. After that, it’s my list of other wrasses and anthias for eye candy

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Still gotta get my tangs in the tank and then the melanurus Wrasse Finally! All three are very much needed for the utilitarian group of fish. After that, it’s my list of other wrasses and anthias for eye candy
What Tang?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also, what list of other wrasses? Mel was my first but I've been told he probably should have been the last since they can be more aggressive.

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, what list of other wrasses? Mel was my first but I've been told he probably should have been the last since they can be more aggressive.
Here’s my complete stock list and order of placement per Elliot at Marine Collectors:

Batch 1:
2 - bonded black storm clowns (already in tank)

Batch 2:
Orange-Shoulder Tang - already transitioned in color but not large yet.
Chocolate Tang - Acanthurus Pyroferus. Fully transitioned but still small

Batch 3:
1 Diamond Goby
3 Helrichi Fire Fish

Batch 4:
· Melanarus (male)
· Rosy Scale/Red Velvet (male)
· Blue-Star Leopard (male)
· Blue-side/Cirrhilabrus Cyanopleura (male)

Batch 5:
Square Anthias (Pair)
1 Sunburst Anthias

Batch 6:
Imperator Angelfish, Juvenile

Some will have to go to new home someday as they get too big, but my LFS will take them so I’m happy to enjoy while I can.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back