my Green star has shut up

Jakedanijacob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

my green star has shut up in the middle off the day and has not come back out bits keeps showing but going back in but other bits of green star in the tank and the sump are not doing this and all my other corals are normal too is this normal for them to do this every now and then added a video but quality is not best so I could upload it thanks in advance everyone this site has already helped me a lot and learned me a few lessons you all are grate

Attachments

• 60306152128__176EB476-0DA6-4113-94E5-5450759D772B.MOV
    6.5 MB
OP
OP
Jakedanijacob

Jakedanijacob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

my green star has shut up in the middle off the day and has not come back out bits keeps showing but going back in but other bits of green star in the tank and the sump are not doing this and all my other corals are normal too is this normal for them to do this every now and then added a video but quality is not best so I could upload it thanks in advance everyone this site has already helped me a lot and learned me a few lessons you all are grate
Just done a water test
Salt 1.026
Kh10.9
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Ph 8.2
Ammonia 0
Po4 0.5
Ca 500
Mg 1440

OP
OP
Jakedanijacob

Jakedanijacob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you can naturally just feed fish
Thanks for this I use the salifert all in one with natural iodine with kh+ph buffer then at min I get my ro and saltwater from my local marine store can it be at 0 due to over skimming as I am pretty sure my skimmer is double the size my tank needs

luke fortunato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you can naturally just feed fish

yea throw some fish food in and don't water change for a bit- nitrates will go up. If you want something faster you can pull a piece of raw shrimp in the tank. keep test nitrates while the shrimp is in until it gets to what you desire- 5-10 ppm. once there take the shrimp piece out.

OP
OP
Jakedanijacob

Jakedanijacob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed often small but often I just fed some prawn to my nems and starfish two times a week and my fox face loves abit too then krill and brine shrimp then I give a few pellets then half sheet of seaweed everyday so am probably over feeding tbh at that

Brian barranco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed often small but often I just fed some prawn to my nems and starfish two times a week and my fox face loves abit too then krill and brine shrimp then I give a few pellets then half sheet of seaweed everyday so am probably over feeding tbh at that
Lots well you can always use stump remover. My bioload is small. I just have a pair of clowns. And they hardly produced any nitrates. So I sometimes dose . It’s pretty simple.

OP
OP
Jakedanijacob

Jakedanijacob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s back out must just be something they doo

9BF5988A-1216-4A93-8C3D-16761048B1B7.jpeg BE25E149-0E1E-41D6-963D-03230CDC12A3.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back