OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Watch this on youtube in 1080p if you can. :)

Last edited:

illcssd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice one, Rev. Flow looks perfect. Do you have pics or a video or the smaller one?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks gang!

No pics of the smaller one yet. It is in a spot that is hard to get a pic of at this time. :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! Thanks and yes it does look comfy!

Ok Ritteri pros please give me the run down on good foods to feed, and how often? Also how many hours of daylight are good for these nems?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a quick pic using auto settings.

nem.jpg
Wicked!!!:xd: have to get me one of those... Will it fight with bubble tips???? My signature nem is main attraction I have to make sure and keep it safe...

illcssd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! Thanks and yes it does look comfy!

Ok Ritteri pros please give me the run down on good foods to feed, and how often? Also how many hours of daylight are good for these nems?

I feed scallops, clam, any raw quality seafood works. They aren't big fish eaters like carpets. Just small pieces, like dime size. Feeding schedule depends on how big you want it to get, but I generally feed twice a week. They get a lot of light in the wild generally, 8-10 hours is fine. If they're healthy, regular feedings and clean stable water quality will keep them healthy. Magnifica's require about the same conditions as most acros IMO.

revolution

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous specimen. Did I miss somewhere, what kind of tank these guys are in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Acropora52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to see a pic of the little one. May be getting one from Will as well :)

I rarely feed my ritteris. They grow too fast as is. I do broadcast feed a lot though, so the anemones also catch food from the water column. The only corals I target feed are the tubastrea and dendros.

My only exception to target feeding is when a ritteri first gets into a tank. I'll usually feed silversides or chopped up grocery store shrimp to get it to stay put a little better. Another trick to getting them to stay put is to put them on a flat rock that's fairly tall and away from the main rock structure. I find that when they're on the main reef, they will tend to move to the highest point. They don't seem to like to move down in order to find another tall structure. Mine gets 8 hours of daylight but I've kept them with anywhere from 8-10 hours without any issues. You've got a nice healthy one!

BroncosZOA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seafood

Feeding human quality seafood is not advisable. They use various sprays and chems to preserve the food that are allowed by the FDA.

Phosphates and Sulfates

I feed mine PE mysis, Hikira Brine Enriched with Spirulina, sometimes TDO pellets. Your running a risk of adding something to your tank or to the animals body it doesnt need.

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have been feeding store shrimp for years with no ill effects. But I'm glad to know what I have been eating. Lol

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back