My homemade (somewhat) Bonsai (looking) rock structure.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,863
Reaction score
122,462
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I was going to buy something for my new nano and started thinking about how I had these extra peices of rock and how fun it might be to create my own. I am pretty happy with the end result.

Got to get the tools and aquamend ready!
structure001.jpg




structure004.jpg




Rock Pieces
structure005.jpg




Had this Tunze rock that I used for the base.
structure006.jpg
 
And the finished product:
structure009.jpg




structure010.jpg




TOP
structure011.jpg




structure012.jpg
 
Thanks!

It's hard to capture the dimensions and crevices in the photo. Looks better in person. :)
 
HAHA only 10 calories!
 
It looks GREAT Rev!
 
This was created on my kitchen table!! :clap2: I'm a lucky gal, I know! :mad2:
 
revsgirl said:
This was created on my kitchen table!! :clap2: I'm a lucky gal, I know! :mad2:

My GF loves that I do my projects in the kitchen too!

Looks awesome Rev, should have a lot of great places to attach coral!
 
Looks great. I wait till my wife leaves the house to start to build on the kitchen table. She says "funny how you can clean the table to work on it but can't do it for dinner".
 
Nope! 12:01 a.m. and there it sits! :mmph:

Easy solution to that one, he doesn't get to play with anything else until he cleans up the toys he has out already ;) Although I don't know how long it takes for epoxy to dry enough to be able to move that masterpiece. :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new