My Honest Opinion About The Alkatronic

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am back and I am having some issues that I honestly thought I had solved. So to bring my posts up to date I finally got everything calibrated and saved. Then tested calibration of pumps and ph probe and was well within posted limits of how many Ml each pump should produce in glass vials and probes values are within 9 hundredths of being correct(spot on 7 or 4)or less. I tested my reagent against my salifert and the difference was negligible (.71 ml titrant used of salifert/.74 ml of alkatronic new batch of reagent made). Jonas and I both agreed that I would just be chasing numbers to do a baseline calibration over such a small disparity. So I have noticed I am not getting any black dots mo charting of any data points. I also noticed that my app reads an entirely different dkh than what the machine says. So I know of one thing that might be the snafu I changed the name of my alkatronic to alkatronic frag tank with the serial number still included. But I can't access it on the cloud and can't access it properly on the app lite which I've uninstalled and reinstalled still no green dot. Could it be the name change? I'm not seeing it on my routers devices except when I reset it. Then only for an hour or so at the most. Just would like some ideas please as I am trying to get it working consistently. Not hit or miss. Thanks for any help or tips you can give.

Ask Jonas if it would better to do a complete reboot of the raspberry pi OS using your new name .

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean you zip tied the ends of the barbs? Just want clarification if you don't mind thanks.

d3786b435daca92262959c817d149e1d.jpg

179339c25c643ce6339d27e3c0765eb5.jpg

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am back and I am having some issues that I honestly thought I had solved. So to bring my posts up to date I finally got everything calibrated and saved. Then tested calibration of pumps and ph probe and was well within posted limits of how many Ml each pump should produce in glass vials and probes values are within 9 hundredths of being correct(spot on 7 or 4)or less. I tested my reagent against my salifert and the difference was negligible (.71 ml titrant used of salifert/.74 ml of alkatronic new batch of reagent made). Jonas and I both agreed that I would just be chasing numbers to do a baseline calibration over such a small disparity. So I have noticed I am not getting any black dots mo charting of any data points. I also noticed that my app reads an entirely different dkh than what the machine says. So I know of one thing that might be the snafu I changed the name of my alkatronic to alkatronic frag tank with the serial number still included. But I can't access it on the cloud and can't access it properly on the app lite which I've uninstalled and reinstalled still no green dot. Could it be the name change? I'm not seeing it on my routers devices except when I reset it. Then only for an hour or so at the most. Just would like some ideas please as I am trying to get it working consistently. Not hit or miss. Thanks for any help or tips you can give.
Welp. Sounds like one of the many similar issues I had. Do me a favor, please keep js abreast of what Jonas/Eric recommend to fix the issue of not plotting all the test results.

That was the main (of many) issues I had. Tests would happen, results would show on LCD screen, nothing would reflect on the web based platform.

HRMCHAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you can lease one of these? Especially during the early years of product introduction. Something this expensive could be worth the extra monthly expensive to stay on the TOP Release and Getting all the development improvements.

If anyone is listening ... if the product is $1000 with a 36 month lease plan and a 50% buyout at lease end. Then a reasonable month rate could be $20 to $25 bucks.

That's worth the value of having the product without the investment risks.

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mitch91175
or anybody else who would know...

Can I mix 5 gallons of reagent at a time, without it breaking down, and going bad?

Thanks, GoVols

Last edited:
OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mitch91175
or anybody else who would know...

Can I mix 5 gallons of reagent at a time, without it breaking down, and going bad?

Thanks, GoVols

Yeah you should be able to @GoVols, but why do you want to mix that much and risk contamination, etc?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah you should be able to @GoVols, but why do you want to mix that much and risk contamination, etc?
Thanks for the info.

The reason I'm asking, is that I really like GEO's 5 gallon ATO reservoir... :)

SVP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys sry for not giving updates. It is really frustrating to use Android to setup. I am still not getting any graphing or black dots. I basically am going to stop using the app for now and just go to portal via chrome. I have unplugged the machine more times than I can count. When trying steps 1-9 on no wifi connection I open the app go to update wifi settings and clear them press save and I get the saving circle for hours so I can't clear, then save, and then retype ssid, and save, because the app just says saving forever. And I have bluetooth on (S10 phone) when resetting at first and the phone if close, like 5 feet will say want to pair and show Mac address I hit ok. It kept doing that last night 8 plus times. I just sat my phone in front of it while moving newly fragged zoos and would hit OK each time. Never did anything more though. That was a first although I normally don't just sit my phone in front of it for an hour. I wish I could do a factory reset of it and completely uninstall the app and start over. The graphing, wifi, noise are my only issues/complaints. I manually chart when I can. I have it test every 2 hours. Between 8 bulb T5s and the alkatronic keeping my alk at 9 I am seeing unparalleled growth in my torches. Its insane how many heads are splitting some 3 ways. I have told 2 buddies that have aquaculture farms that it will pay for itself for me inside 4 months(both bought one). For people like them who have a lot more corals less time than that.
I also couldn't believe how far off my Red Sea alk kit was and my Hanna. My Alk/dkh was really over 11.3 and I was thinking it was at 9.3-9.5 using red sea. Amazing how far off those kits are. I made a new batch of reagent and went big with 5000 Ml. Really easy to do and test reagent quality using salifert it was dead on. Quick question about salifert alk test kit can you put unused portion of titrant reagent back in bottle? Red Sea you cannot do that. IDK. I know this is long but wanted to update complaints and joys with it! Btw Jonas/Eric answer me everytime so I cannot fault their effort, just my equipment. [emoji16]

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys sry for not giving updates. It is really frustrating to use Android to setup. I am still not getting any graphing or black dots. I basically am going to stop using the app for now and just go to portal via chrome. I have unplugged the machine more times than I can count. When trying steps 1-9 on no wifi connection I open the app go to update wifi settings and clear them press save and I get the saving circle for hours so I can't clear, then save, and then retype ssid, and save, because the app just says saving forever. And I have bluetooth on (S10 phone) when resetting at first and the phone if close, like 5 feet will say want to pair and show Mac address I hit ok. It kept doing that last night 8 plus times. I just sat my phone in front of it while moving newly fragged zoos and would hit OK each time. Never did anything more though. That was a first although I normally don't just sit my phone in front of it for an hour. I wish I could do a factory reset of it and completely uninstall the app and start over. The graphing, wifi, noise are my only issues/complaints. I manually chart when I can. I have it test every 2 hours. Between 8 bulb T5s and the alkatronic keeping my alk at 9 I am seeing unparalleled growth in my torches. Its insane how many heads are splitting some 3 ways. I have told 2 buddies that have aquaculture farms that it will pay for itself for me inside 4 months(both bought one). For people like them who have a lot more corals less time than that.
I also couldn't believe how far off my Red Sea alk kit was and my Hanna. My Alk/dkh was really over 11.3 and I was thinking it was at 9.3-9.5 using red sea. Amazing how far off those kits are. I made a new batch of reagent and went big with 5000 Ml. Really easy to do and test reagent quality using salifert it was dead on. Quick question about salifert alk test kit can you put unused portion of titrant reagent back in bottle? Red Sea you cannot do that. IDK. I know this is long but wanted to update complaints and joys with it! Btw Jonas/Eric answer me everytime so I cannot fault their effort, just my equipment. [emoji16]

I always add the remaining reagent back when I use my Salifert. Is that right or wrong who knows, but if the liquid has a reaction to air then wouldn’t once it’s opened it wouldn’t work correctly any more?

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone having problems with app. I can’t login or have access to the unit. Cant login via Bluetooth or internet. No access at all.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mitch91175

I'm running Apex Classic.
If I get another PM1 module and a BNC will my Alkatronic read in Apex Classic or does it have to be 2016 or above?

Thanks!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back