OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also unable to connect via the cloud service, any advice? I already added my WiFi info.

Make sure that you have the app closed. The unit only allows either bluetooth or wifi, but not both at the same time. If you still have an issue, I'd say make sure that you see "Raspberry Pi" with an IP address on your router. No need to do any port forwarding or anything like that. It will just let you know that it is connected to your router. If it is, then close the app and give it a minute or so. You will know that it is connected to the cloud when you open the app again and it will say "Cloud" by your serial number.

Christopher Presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure that you have the app closed. The unit only allows either bluetooth or wifi, but not both at the same time. If you still have an issue, I'd say make sure that you see "Raspberry Pi" with an IP address on your router. No need to do any port forwarding or anything like that. It will just let you know that it is connected to your router. If it is, then close the app and give it a minute or so. You will know that it is connected to the cloud when you open the app again and it will say "Cloud" by your serial number.
Well unfortunately I don’t know the login for my router information to see what is currently using it. I guess it’s not the same as my WiFi password. But I do know with BT off I cannot access the alkatronic. When I do open the app it does in fact say cloud next to it but when I click on it, it says device not found.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well unfortunately I don’t know the login for my router information to see what is currently using it. I guess it’s not the same as my WiFi password. But I do know with BT off I cannot access the alkatronic. When I do open the app it does in fact say cloud next to it but when I click on it, it says device not found.

Have you tried power cycling the unit and not opening the app but only the web access? To access the web portal you need to go to the focustronic website

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
afaik, when it says "cloud" that means it's connected to the cloud web service.

The app on the phone will only connect to the alkatronic via bluetooth. If you're not in bluetooth range of the alkatronic, it will simply not work.

the web interface is accessed via http://www.focustronic.net/alkatronic-cloud/login

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JonasRoman, it may be a good idea for you guys to include pH calibration fluid with the unit. Everyone doesn't have that stuff laying around like I do. :D
I have 7 and 10 but no 4, I will have 4 on Saturday but that doesn't do me any good as im out this weekend... not thrilled to get a new toy and cant use it.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 and 10 but no 4, I will have 4 on Saturday but that doesn't do me any good as im out this weekend... not thrilled to get a new toy and cant use it.

I definitely feel you on that and no one can disagree. Out of the gate I was a little frustrated. Once I got everything going that frustration quickly became excitement ;). That is something that I personally have been communicating with them about is making the overall setup process smoother. Once you have it done and look back at the setup, it isn't overly complicated by any stretch of the imagination (but still could use some refinement).

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

go to 192.168.1.1 on a browser

admin (username)
admin or password (password)

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely feel you on that and no one can disagree. Out of the gate I was a little frustrated. Once I got everything going that frustration quickly became excitement ;). That is something that I personally have been communicating with them about is making the overall setup process smoother. Once you have it done and look back at the setup, it isn't overly complicated by any stretch of the imagination (but still could use some refinement).
it isn't complicated at all, but coral vue screwed up in including the ph solutions, so that is on them. I spoke to Jonas on FB and he said it is the distributors who include that...

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go to 192.168.1.1 on a browser

admin (username)
admin or password (password)

It all depends on his IP address range. His could be 192.168.0.1 or anything else. What he would need to do is go to command prompt and run ipconfig /all and look for the gateway. The gateway is the address he would need to type in to access his router (in the majority of situations). If you installed your own router (and not from your ISP), the you will likely have the default username and password. You can find the username and password anywhere online by searching for the brand/model of your router.

Also, it is definitely good to know how to access your router for numerous things so this is a good exercise for him.

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue is shipping me solutions, but that will still be a few days.

Sherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manage to calibrate the pumps and PH probe and test run 3 times.

First reading was higher then salifert reading of 7.3. It reading 10.1
2nd reading was 7.11 and 3rd reading was 7.22.

When will pump D work?
I never see pump D run during the 3 test

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s in the manual, but as far as I understand, you tell the app how big your tank is and you set the low end of alk you want, once the test goes under the low alert level , D turns on and doses the kalk.

I don’t use D, so I don’t really know. I know it’s in the manual though

Kann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine up and running.

So far, the 8 tests it has done have all been right around 7.4 but I get around 8.5 when I check with Salifert and Hannah. I was very meticulous throughout the calibration process for the pumps and the pH probe. I’m stumped as to why there is such a difference. It’s probably something simple but I can’t figure it out.

Also, there isn’t any data showing up when I log into the cloud. It shows the right serial number, but no data.

Where do we go for technical support other than you guys who have been pretty awesome so far!

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine up and running.

So far, the 8 tests it has done have all been right around 7.4 but I get around 8.5 when I check with Salifert and Hannah. I was very meticulous throughout the calibration process for the pumps and the pH probe. I’m stumped as to why there is such a difference. It’s probably something simple but I can’t figure it out.

Also, there isn’t any data showing up when I log into the cloud. It shows the right serial number, but no data.

Where do we go for technical support other than you guys who have been pretty awesome so far!
Facebook is the easiest way to get support

"There could be several reason. First be sure wi-fi is connected. One way is to check the router and see if you see “raspberry pie”, then you have WiFi.
You have only WiFi when app is closed so when you check this first close app. And then check router.
If you have no WiFi contact just follow in manual very careful step by step trouble shootinng for “no WiFi contact”. That will solve that and after that you have always WiFi when app is closed.
Then also check so “upload mode” is enabled. If this is correct cloud will load after next measure and also load all old data.
/Jonas"

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine up and running.

Maybe your reagent is mixed up odd? I know you’re going to think I’m crazy, but once I got my tank balanced out and verified through multiple tests what my ‘real’ dKh number is, I haven’t paid attention to the number any more. All I pay attention to is the trend. I could care less what the number is.

There is a way to force the Alkatronic to display a number more in line with another test that’s used as a reference. The Alkatronic just uses the baseline calibration number as an offset. So either set it to 0 or turn it off. My guess is you have it enabled and it’s adjusting your result by 1

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back