• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

My Horrible Experience with Fiji Cube’s AIO…

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, no worries, happens to the best of us!

These AIO chambers can be a bit finicky to figure out and to dial in.

Hopefully we have solved the issue and you can get it working how you would like!

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s official. There is nothing wrong with the tank. I didn’t pay close enough attention to the design and thought the higher pieces of glass were the baffles. I guess that’s just for a bubble trap. I dropped the level to below the lower glass, now the skimmer chamber is constant. My small skimmer won’t actually lower that much without a mod to the bracket, but that’s doable. In the end, I owe Fiji Cube an apology for the accusation. I still say their customer service is difficult to deal with.

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heater is temporary. I had to move the fish to QT in my basement. I moved the Inkbird and heater with them and tossed those in there for the time being. I totally agree, return chamber isn’t the ideal place. And thanks for the words of encouragement…I’m pretty sure this was my issue. In my defense, I’ve been communicating this to Fiji Cube for over a month. You would think they could have helped me figure this out before I went on the internet and made myself look like an idiot. Once I’m sure this was it and everything is working properly, I’ll make sure to post this was all my fault and nothing to do with the tank. All that said, their customer service still sucks really bad and innovative marine is way better!
Most of what y'all are talking about is way over my head. I'm just getting started with a Fluval Evo 13.5 but I want MORE and was looking at the Fiji All in One Drop in for the 40 Breeder and found your post. I want to chime in because customer service being non-existant these days REALLY ticks me off. There is no excuse for the jerk stuff it seems like Fiji is making their standard customer service (ie no service at all). I will look for another alternative to them now. Finally, isn't this site kick butt?! I mean you had a tricky situation and folks were generous enough to study your situation and offer a great suggestion to help you out AND give you props as needed. It kinda gave me a warm and fuzzy when I got down here to the bottom. Good luck Kyle - I really hope this works for you!

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most of what y'all are talking about is way over my head. I'm just getting started with a Fluval Evo 13.5 but I want MORE and was looking at the Fiji All in One Drop in for the 40 Breeder and found your post. I want to chime in because customer service being non-existant these days REALLY ticks me off. There is no excuse for the jerk stuff it seems like Fiji is making their standard customer service (ie no service at all). I will look for another alternative to them now. Finally, isn't this site kick butt?! I mean you had a tricky situation and folks were generous enough to study your situation and offer a great suggestion to help you out AND give you props as needed. It kinda gave me a warm and fuzzy when I got down here to the bottom. Good luck Kyle - I really hope this works for you!
In FC’s defense, they did communicate with me through the process, albeit drawn out longer than necessary. (It was also through the holidays.) Even after I realized it was my fault and I informed them so, they insisted on sending me a “sorry for the bad service” gift. They sent me a pretty nice frag traveler and some filter socks. (A frag rack inside of a small container that can transport something like 10 frags.) I’m glad you’re enjoying the site. Most people on here are pretty awesome…I’ve seen some pretty heated arguments too! Thanks for the kind words.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s official. There is nothing wrong with the tank. I didn’t pay close enough attention to the design and thought the higher pieces of glass were the baffles. I guess that’s just for a bubble trap. I dropped the level to below the lower glass, now the skimmer chamber is constant. My small skimmer won’t actually lower that much without a mod to the bracket, but that’s doable. In the end, I owe Fiji Cube an apology for the accusation. I still say their customer service is difficult to deal with.
I hate it when that happens. :grinning-squinting-face:

LunaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heater is temporary. I had to move the fish to QT in my basement. I moved the Inkbird and heater with them and tossed those in there for the time being. I totally agree, return chamber isn’t the ideal place. And thanks for the words of encouragement…I’m pretty sure this was my issue. In my defense, I’ve been communicating this to Fiji Cube for over a month. You would think they could have helped me figure this out before I went on the internet and made myself look like an idiot. Once I’m sure this was it and everything is working properly, I’ll make sure to post this was all my fault and nothing to do with the tank. All that said, their customer service still sucks really bad and innovative marine is way better!
Deleted comment, accidentally added it to the wrong post.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back