My, I started you as an experiment, and now I'm not sure tank.

OP
OP
terraincognita

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright....

I haven't stuck my hand in this tank since September this year.....

This is in no way an ode to my horrible husbandry, I'm only mentioning it because there's a lot to be said for KISS in Saltwater and just letting a tank do it's thing.

I've fed it. I don't know every 3 days? maybe?.... Again, I don't even want to talk about my husbandry it's embarassing...

Only Top off's once every 4 days and feeding. I stopped even the kent dosing, I should've kept that up... but life got crazy.

I didn't even scrape the glass.

So today it got a lot of TLC.

I moved every coral that wasn't anchored down on it's own over to my 45, they were all alive, but almost no growth.

Only growth was from my Lepto and Zoa's.

Byprosis went COMPLETELY unchecked and out of control!

hand picked out most of it that I could easily.

Going to address the rest tomorrow and then I don't know I might go get some reef flux. I'll see how bad it is I'm gonna try to just pick it off and kill it off.

I did also finally do 50% WC but this is the first one since I started it up. Not even after cycling. Again not an ode to horrible husbandry but just KISS we really tinker too much and mess up eco systems.

Some photos.

PRE Cleaning.

IMG_0001.jpeg

Mid cleaning and 50% WC

IMG_0271.jpeg

Some really nice brown/purple coralline growth clove polyps ticked from cleaning.
IMG_0277.jpeg

Only inhabitant left with Randall's pistol shrimp. and 2 Hermits and 3 or 4 snails.

IMG_0278.jpeg

Byprosis after picked :O there was SO MUCH and some annoyed Zoa's from cleaning.

IMG_0280.jpeg

And the Lepto and Goniastrea still left and

IMG_0279.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpeg

Tomorrow I'll switch out all media and give everything in the back chambers a good scrubdown.

Then going to soak all my equipment in a acid mix with my 45 pumps and clean everything for a couple hours and put it back in.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back