My in wall bedroom build

Im kind of learning as I go. I went with a Denon receiver and definitive technology 7.1 surround set up. 800 fronts and 600. It sounds Ok. The projector is the Epson home cinema 4000 4K enhancement. Without having to spend five grand plus on a projector it's a pretty good compromise I'd say. The sky is the limit when it comes to that sort of thing.
I hear you, I'm still using a 1080p Panasonic Projector. I thought about upgrading, but I'm still happy with the picture the Panasonic puts out that I'll wait until the 4k laser projectors come down drastically in price before making the change to 4k. My system used to have an Integra pre/amp through Adcom amps with Kef 102.2 speakers up front, Kef in wall speakers for the surrounds with Velodyne's for the subs. Last spring there was a problem with the Integra and I lost the rear channels so I had to break out my Denon receiver again and lose the pre/amp and amp set up, still sounds amazing though.
But I can tell you I'd rather be in my basement watching TV then in the theater!
My TV is under the motorized projection screen. I find that I watch mostly on the TV too instead of the big screen. Certain movies are a must on the big screen though, like Blade Runner 2049 that I picked up during the week for this weekends viewing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new