My inherited tank; Let's begin anew.

OdysSea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I know:

The tank is a BioCube 32 with stock stand, filtration, circulation pump and hood lighting, with 40 pounds of Caribsea Fiji Pink Aragonite sand, and I purchased a Prism auto top off system.

This tank was bad. My Mother suffered an extended illness, and it truthfully was the family's last priority. In the cleaning process, I discovered some shells that resembled crabs. (Think inverted ice cream cone shaped). I have cleaned this thing top to bottom, inside and out with only a sponge and the existing saltwater, then completely drained it, rinsed it twice, and replaced the old sand with new. I trashed the live rock because it was totally green and kinda hairy. Plus, I figured being in there with decomposing critters probably wasn't the ideal thing to begin anew with. I have filled it back up with brand new RO/DI water from a local fish store, whose owner has the patience of Job; Bless this man profusely for being patient and understanding with me.

Goals: Nothing high maintenance (outside of the ordinary upkeep). I don't really care for corals. I just want 3 fish and some pretty live rock. I will feed live or frozen foods, whichever is best for my fish friends.

Thank you for absolutely any help. I'm a plethora of knowledge in many subjects, but this ain't one of 'em!

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I know:

The tank is a BioCube 32 with stock stand, filtration, circulation pump and hood lighting, with 40 pounds of Caribsea Fiji Pink Aragonite sand, and I purchased a Prism auto top off system.

This tank was bad. My Mother suffered an extended illness, and it truthfully was the family's last priority. In the cleaning process, I discovered some shells that resembled crabs. (Think inverted ice cream cone shaped). I have cleaned this thing top to bottom, inside and out with only a sponge and the existing saltwater, then completely drained it, rinsed it twice, and replaced the old sand with new. I trashed the live rock because it was totally green and kinda hairy. Plus, I figured being in there with decomposing critters probably wasn't the ideal thing to begin anew with. I have filled it back up with brand new RO/DI water from a local fish store, whose owner has the patience of Job; Bless this man profusely for being patient and understanding with me.

Goals: Nothing high maintenance (outside of the ordinary upkeep). I don't really care for corals. I just want 3 fish and some pretty live rock. I will feed live or frozen foods, whichever is best for my fish friends.

Thank you for absolutely any help. I'm a plethora of knowledge in many subjects, but this ain't one of 'em!

Can you post a picture of how it is set up now?

Jay

Back