My Ink Bird Seems About 2* High -Ok?

Ecotech Marine

Megability

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
After several hours breaking it in just to be sure it seems my new Ink Bird gauge reads about 2 degrees F higher than what my Sicce pump says and 2 other thermometers (although cheapos, 1 glass, 1 digital) Those 3 all agree almost to the 1/10th, so thinking just recalibrate the Ink Bird down to match, yeah?

Is that normal?

Thanks

Champion Lighting & Supply

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I’ve found about anything is off by up to a few degrees. I used 3 different thermometers and took the average and calibrate to that. I think it’s pretty normal. I have 2 InkBird that were 2 degrees off when I tested them in the same tank. But they’re consistent and accurate when calibrated. I keep multiple thermometers in each tank just to have a double check. Doesn’t cost much.

Drew1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Switch your Inkbird to Celcius.

This is weird but with Inkbirds:
Variance on F mode = +/- 2*
Variance on C mode = +/- .2 (or something like that)

Point is, the Inkbird is much more accurate in C mode. You will get used to it after awhile. 25.0*C on the dot for me. Hardly ever rises, (never past 25.2*C) occasionally drops to 24.9*C (never below 49.8*C) throughout the day.

Drew1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yeah and like you said, double check w digital ones but IMO unless you have a good digital one or two (not a cheap $10 Petco POS), the Inkbird should be trusted over the cheapie digital ones. Those things read all over the place, normally within about 2 degrees, like you said.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

What's the main reason you take on DIY reefing projects?

• Save Money

Votes: 102 33.7%
  • You Like To Make Things

Votes: 108 35.6%
  • Necessity, you want it a certain way

Votes: 77 25.4%
  • Time, you need it quick

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 3.6%
Ecotech Marine