0   0   0
03DAC2D2-794F-43AF-B200-B56A728488D6.png

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I'm guessing the tank is viewable from the front also? I've always wanted to do a setup like taht where a tank could be viewed from 2 rooms but seeing through the tank to the ajoining room would be impossible due to the way light is refracted through glass and water. Hopefully you have a very good vent fan as condensation on the glass will be a major issue otherwise. (Maybe figure out how to set up a fan to blow directly on hte glass?) I would silicone around the wood frame to minimize mosture pooling between the tank and wood work to help reduce the possibility of mold and rot over time.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Have a friend who has 4 built in units and one is in the shower room

OP
OP
B

biggestrooster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I'm guessing the tank is viewable from the front also? I've always wanted to do a setup like taht where a tank could be viewed from 2 rooms but seeing through the tank to the ajoining room would be impossible due to the way light is refracted through glass and water. Hopefully you have a very good vent fan as condensation on the glass will be a major issue otherwise. (Maybe figure out how to set up a fan to blow directly on hte glass?) I would silicone around the wood frame to minimize mosture pooling between the tank and wood work to help reduce the possibility of mold and rot over time.
Tank is viewable from the bathroom and family room on the other side. It is in a well ventilated closet and doesn’t get condensation. Yes due to the glass and light you can’t see into the other room but it’s funny seeing guests get nervous before using the bathroom.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back