OP
OP
tidus10

tidus10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump because I'm bored :) anyone else get cool perks with their jobs or anything interesting?

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad is a flight instructor/ avionics manager for a missionary aviation school. I used to go in after school and help tinker with the electronics of the plane. Then my summer job was to help with maintenance. I was always invited to go on training flights with some of the other instructors. I used to know the insides and out of small planes. If I ever needed to, I could land a plane.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad is a flight instructor/ avionics manager for a missionary aviation school. I used to go in after school and help tinker with the electronics of the plane. Then my summer job was to help with maintenance. I was always invited to go on training flights with some of the other instructors. I used to know the insides and out of small planes. If I ever needed to, I could land a plane.

hmm - sounds like a missions trip to bali is in order. let's go!

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work in a lab so I get full access to microscopes and analytical equipment. Pretty cool to be able to culture your own nitrifying bacteria too.

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get paid to ski once a week (and they pay for my pass), in addition to camping, climbing, rafting etc. The perks of working in the recreation industry! Not as jaw dropping as some of the other cool stuff listed above, but it keeps me happy

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get paid to ski once a week (and they pay for my pass), in addition to camping, climbing, rafting etc. The perks of working in the recreation industry! Not as jaw dropping as some of the other cool stuff listed above, but it keeps me happy

I'd love your position. I used to sit in a patrol car 12 hour shifts driving in circles.

McAllyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I design wireless networks, which typically is REALLY not fun or cool, but over the years it's taken me some cool places, like a couple nuclear reactor sites, a couple defense contract manufacturer sites, and deep into some hallways and behind some hospital doors that NO ONE should go through.

Mac

OP
OP
tidus10

tidus10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to work in nuclear, some really awesome things you get to see when you travel all around the country working in different nuke sites. Always my favorite view is from up top looking down into the reactor pool. (This is not my image)
2u3anapa.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%

Back