My Kato Wrasse Is Insane

PapaDragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Kato wrasse has decided to jump into the overflow. He has done it twice now. I have a screen top and there might be a half-inch gap between the screen and the top of the overflow. Any recommendations?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with a bi-color blenny in my biocube 29. I took a piece of 1/2" tubing, split it down the middle and wedged it over the top of the overflow. Never had another problem.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my fix.
@Auquanut I think that is going to work. It's funny because my wrasse keeps swimming up to the overflow looking at the tubing.

Great news! That fix is certainly easier than the one I came up with when I had the same problem. I cut a piece of black egg crate to fit on top of the overflow which filled the gap between the netting and water surface.

It was kind of cute to find them in the sump until my prized flame wrasse got stuck in the drain pipe and died. Glad you have this under control.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had the same problem with a bi-color blenny in my biocube 29. I took a piece of 1/2" tubing, split it down the middle and wedged it over the top of the overflow. Never had another problem.
Smart

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.4%
Back