my kid vs the auto feeder

Mickie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kid decided to open up my auto feeder without my knowledge. Needless to say, I have food everywhere in my tank. My water is slightly cloudy and the food is disintegrating and I cannot do a water change tonight. How bad am I screwed? Lol

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,how many gallons,skimmer running,

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kid decided to open up my auto feeder without my knowledge. Needless to say, I have food everywhere in my tank. My water is slightly cloudy and the food is disintegrating and I cannot do a water change tonight. How bad am I screwed? Lol

vacuum the food out through a filter sock putting the water back in the tank since you said no water change. No RODI water on hand? Know any local reefers?

OP
OP
Mickie

Mickie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vacuum the food out through a filter sock putting the water back in the tank since you said no water change. No RODI water on hand? Know any local reefers?
Unfortunately we live in a small town. I do have an rodi unit. But between getting my kids down and getting ready for their school tomorrow I'm strapped for time. I can start getting water ready tomorrow and do a 20% change and vacuum though. It'll just take a day or two.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
are you able to vac though sock?? increase oxygen,point jets to surface,add airstone

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok back to it, nylons,washcloth,tee shirt,just rinse and ring ,get siphon started ,run through rag into sump

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a similar experience/problem. Wife dumped a whole years worth of food in my tank. New life spectrum pellets. Woke up to the smell of ammonia and a fish tank I couldn’t see in. Bacterial bloom from h*ll... I lost some fish due to this. And that’s with doing an almost 100% water change and siphoning all the remaining food out. This food had been in the tank over night breaking down. Hopefully yours hasn’t gotten a chance to break down. That and dumping bottle of Biospira and dosing prime in the tank. Talk about panic mode. I sure hope your situation isn’t as bad. My ammonia levels were through the roof. After doing the water change and dosing the bottled bac, ammonia levels were back to normal the next day. This is what the tank looked like.
EE903FFD-A99F-460B-B898-EFE7219EA04D.jpeg

OP
OP
Mickie

Mickie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a similar experience/problem. Wife dumped a whole years worth of food in my tank. New life spectrum pellets. Woke up to the smell of ammonia and a fish tank I couldn’t see in. Bacterial bloom from h*ll... I lost some fish due to this. And that’s with doing an almost 100% water change and siphoning all the remaining food out. This food had been in the tank over night breaking down. Hopefully yours hasn’t gotten a chance to break down. That and dumping bottle of Biospira and dosing prime in the tank. Talk about panic mode. I sure hope your situation isn’t as bad. My ammonia levels were through the roof. After doing the water change and dosing the bottled bac, ammonia levels were back to normal the next day. This is what the tank looked like.
EE903FFD-A99F-460B-B898-EFE7219EA04D.jpeg
Omg I would panic worse than I am now I don't think that bad. But definitely At least 1/4 to 1/2 a cup. My fish are pigs so I hope they ate the majority. Probably thinkin it's a treat since I feed them so little lol. I'll keep a watch on it Anni do have some prime, pristine and stability on hand.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back