My little iOS App for Reefers

reeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I have created an iOS App for us reefers as a fun project, which I would like to present to you. The app is free and I think that it is a nice little gadget for reefers and can help some of us :)

The app is called "MyReef" and can be found in the Apple App Store. The app allows you to sort images of your tanks and corals efficiently, so that you have everything in one place and do not have to scroll through your camera roll to find one specific image of your coral. Personally, I have often searched for one specific coral image inside my camera roll and could barely find it.

As the images are grouped, the app allows you to compare images and to examine the growth of single corals over time very easily.
Further, you can directly create a collage of the images inside the app, which could then be posted in the forum. This collage consists of multiple images, where each images is automatically labeled with its date. With this collage, one can easily show the growth over time to other reefers in the forum with one single image.

Additionally, one can add notes or names to every image. Using this function, one can then search for these notes and have a list of all images containing these notes. This allows to quickly find images through all your coral images.

In summary, this app is suitable for reefers to efficiently document their coral's growth and if needed, to share it with others through collages. Also, this app has nice benefits for coral breeders and shop owners, which can for example create an inventory of their corals with this application and add the coral-names and prices to every image. Using this, one can quickly find corals a customer asks for. Inside the shop, but also at frag swaps or somewhere outside of your shop. You just have every coral with you in one application.

Here are 3 Screenshots of my App, which show how the app is structured:

I hope that with this application, some of you can have more fun experiencing our beautiful hobby. There are already reefers out there, who use my app and like it. I would be very happy to hear your feedback! Also, if you do have some suggestions or miss some functionality, do not hesitate to tell me :)

Wish you all the best,
Phil

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow seems like a awesome idea I will be checking this out thank you!

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far it looks great. I have one suggestion. I need the ability to add multiple photos at once from my photo library. Go through the effort of searching back and being able to only select one is a pain. Would this be possible?

OP
OP
R

reeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your feedback :) Of course it would be possible to add multiple photos. I will see how I can implement it for the next version, I just need some time for it :)

OP
OP
R

reeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far it looks great. I have one suggestion. I need the ability to add multiple photos at once from my photo library. Go through the effort of searching back and being able to only select one is a pain. Would this be possible?

I have implemented your requested functionality :) You can update your app through the app store!

Mar344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have iOS. Or a fish tank for that matter, but thank you. Making an app is not easy nor a short process. Making software available for free is amazing. Much appreciated!

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been playing with your app and I like it. Thought I’d share a couple ideas for future enhancements:

Longer group names- I like to put the full name of a coral and hitthe character limit

Ability to delete a photo from a group via edit- I accidentally added an incorrect photo and had to delete the group and re-add

But all in all, I like it and love the collage feature. The fact it put the dates on is great. Here’s my collage of my poor monti that I’ve almost killed off twice but is growing well now!
240FBD83-3C0C-4F8F-8BA5-3744D168F325.jpeg

OP
OP
R

reeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been playing with your app and I like it. Thought I’d share a couple ideas for future enhancements:

Longer group names- I like to put the full name of a coral and hitthe character limit

Ability to delete a photo from a group via edit- I accidentally added an incorrect photo and had to delete the group and re-add

But all in all, I like it and love the collage feature. The fact it put the dates on is great. Here’s my collage of my poor monti that I’ve almost killed off twice but is growing well now!
240FBD83-3C0C-4F8F-8BA5-3744D168F325.jpeg

Cool that you like my App :) I am happy to hear this! Also thank you for your suggestions and for your nice collage! I like it!

I will remove the character limit in the next update! Concerning your other issue:

You can easily delete each single photo, for example if you accidentally add a photo to a wrong group. So when you are on the screen, where you see all your groups, you tap on one group and see all images of this group. Then, if you tap again on any image, you get to a screen, where you get a bigger view of your images, including functions where you can share and delete each individual image, and also add notes to each images :) Please let me know if I have understood you correctly!

If you have other suggestions or would like to see something else in the Collage Feature, just let me know :) I would be happy to extend the app!

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool that you like my App :) I am happy to hear this! Also thank you for your suggestions and for your nice collage! I like it!

I will remove the character limit in the next update! Concerning your other issue:

You can easily delete each single photo, for example if you accidentally add a photo to a wrong group. So when you are on the screen, where you see all your groups, you tap on one group and see all images of this group. Then, if you tap again on any image, you get to a screen, where you get a bigger view of your images, including functions where you can share and delete each individual image, and also add notes to each images :) Please let me know if I have understood you correctly!

If you have other suggestions or would like to see something else in the Collage Feature, just let me know :) I would be happy to extend the app!
Ha! Thought I tried that to delete a photo but clearly didn’t. Thanks!

OP
OP
R

reeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!

I just wanted to let you know that I have released a new update for my app! I hope that the application is still working fine for you guys. Let me see some of your collage pictures, I am very interested to see them :)

If there are any feature requests or suggestions, which you would like to see in the app, just let me know :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 127 59.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.4%
Back