Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a killer with no updates for sooooooo long:squigglemouth:
Updates
What I have now..
4PPE
4GPE
2 Galaxy PE
5 Rainbow Palys (These are not doing well, original polyp hasn't been open in 2 weeks and babies aren't opening fully or even growing at all)
3 Blue Hornets
1 Red Hornet
1Valentines day massacre
1 blue shuriken (may be lost)

Last edited:

mlove

Reefing Peasant
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I feel like some nice chalices could be in your future if you grow out the hornets. You could probably grab a deal on a flamethrower frag (if you can find one) for what you've got there. If you grew the BPC out then you would definently be in the running for a my miami... those things go crazy fast for pretty pennies. Good luck man, and I'm glad you have some nice corals to fall back on.

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a colony of devils armor close up for a LONG time like 3 months never melted just stayed close. I fresh water dipped them didnt see anything come off but they are open now. They lost some color but it will come back

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I feel like some nice chalices could be in your future if you grow out the hornets. You could probably grab a deal on a flamethrower frag (if you can find one) for what you've got there. If you grew the BPC out then you would definently be in the running for a my miami... those things go crazy fast for pretty pennies. Good luck man, and I'm glad you have some nice corals to fall back on.
Hey Mlove,
Thanks for the comments! The flamethrower would be nice, but they grow too **** slowly for this to work I think.

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a colony of devils armor close up for a LONG time like 3 months never melted just stayed close. I fresh water dipped them didnt see anything come off but they are open now. They lost some color but it will come back
Think I'm just gonna leave them for now, glad your devils armor came back!

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian you know I love my zoas. But zoas will **** you off sometimes. they will close up for no reason. Give them some time. Just watch them. How much flow and how much light are they getting?

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were getting direct light and low flow, now they are in lower light, a little bit more flow.

mlove

Reefing Peasant
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mlove,
Thanks for the comments! The flamethrower would be nice, but they grow too **** slowly for this to work I think.
Yeah they are really slow growers... but when people are paying $300 for booger sized frags slow growth isn't a big problem. I've actually heard of some people putting them in really high light (after acclimating them to it) and them growing at a "blazing fast" snails pace. I have heard the hornets don't grow much faster haha. Is this true?

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hornets are growing great so far. The ppe's will not grow very fast.

mlove

Reefing Peasant
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hornets are growing great so far. The ppe's will not grow very fast.
That's great to hear. Yeah if you don't want to go the chalice route you could probably go directly from hornets to the miami. I'm not up-to-date on zoa/paly prices but I know the mini-colonies go for quite a bit.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back