OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only imagine what my par is... 3x Kessil A360WE's and 4 39watt t5... sitting approximately 13 inches above tank with 12 inch depth...
I strongly feel that alot of my shrooms would do better in higher par. Honestly its probably what some of mine need. You see all these crazy bounces and other shrooms being ran at around 200 par and they blow up crazy.
I started with cheap black box with highest par around 75 so im slowly breaking them in.
I can tell you I completely burnt a few shrooms up recently when my wifi chip went out and lamp was getting super bright and dimming on its own.
Some are super sensitive to sudden changes in lamp intensity. Some don't like higher intensity at all and just do good on the outside rack creeping into the light.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have one you recommend? I don't have any reefing buddies. Plenty of reefer buddies but whole other set of tooling there.
Check r2r for local reef club and join it. My local club comes with free par meter usage for 10 dollars a year.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check r2r for local reef club and join it. My local club comes with free par meter usage for 10 dollars a year.
Mine is $20 a year
I posted a hello in the club by me, nothing
Found mine through FB, they're not active here - they use FB and *kinda* use reef central.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol bumped off me own thread again.
Idk your gonna have to send one so I can inspect it:) Very nice.

Speaking of turf algae you ever get a scrubber set up?

I'm about to go on a turf algae rampage next few days and totally remove and eradicate it from my system.
Since I got through this chemiclean blast, my water source cleaned up, oxygen in my tank its looking a little different like its gonna take care of itself as long as I stay on it. Turning from dark brown to a greener or lighter color and not growing back in most places.
Shrooms hate whatever it is though.
Screenshot_20210405-110557_Wyze.jpg

@Lost in the Sauce check out Roxanne above the other red disco in left side. This is what happens when I show her too much love she gets all bossy and tries to start running things on me haha
Yes, it's set up in the big tank and running well! I dealt with pretty bad turf algae in the big tank about a year ago. Nothing likes to eat it, huge pita. The red was worse than the green by far.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's set up in the big tank and running well! I dealt with pretty bad turf algae in the big tank about a year ago. Nothing likes to eat it, huge pita. The red was worse than the green by far.
Awesome im really hoping to start seeing some green lol. I'm pretty sure ove dealt with every kind of nastiness imaginable at this point. The crud thats growing now is starting to lighten up and I think im starting to see a little green on the turf screen.
Note to self. Never use insufficient water again. Def knew better.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some frilly indos. I have some from frank in my tank too. They are big and the tents are unique.
not sure ,came from buddy,think we got them during indo shutdown,could be veitnam,phillipines,poss aussie??
@LRT set us straight.. :cool:

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess would be indo or aussie.
Wife follows alot of the Asian divers and they post mostly bounce shrooms but could be wrong.
Pretty sure Bali was exporting a little bit last year as well.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fishguy242 its really not that hard to find the divers and wholesalers on Instagram. Most are super poor and can friend them fast and get super cheap I have looked into it all:D
Problem is the money part. Getting set up to import, paying for permits, paying to clear it all and getting connecting flights. To do it right probably thousands. Theres a reason these big boys throw all these livesales every other week im sure.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some frilly indos. I have some from frank in my tank too. They are big and the tents are unique.
Man I would be in so much trouble if I lived as close to Frank as you do....

Eventually he'd start meeting me on the porch with a Remington

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fishguy242 its really not that hard to find the divers and wholesalers on Instagram. Most are super poor and can friend them fast and get super cheap I have looked into it all:D
Problem is the money part. Getting set up to import, paying for permits, paying to clear it all and getting connecting flights. To do it right probably thousands. Theres a reason these big boys throw all these livesales every other week im sure.
Soo what I just heard you propose is " hey guys, let's all throw in on an import shipment"..

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soo what I just heard you propose is " hey guys, let's all throw in on an import shipment"..
Pool your $$ with frank... he has the connection;) we don't call him the godfather for nothing :)

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its much harder than that and alot more expensive than you could imagine. You have to be licensed to import. That not the expensive hard part. The expensive hard part is finding the right connections. Paying the permit fees to import. Paying for said corals. Finding and paying to clear customs and then obviously paying connecting flights.

Then you have to hope you get what you pay for. Then hope the corals are disease and pest free and hope they make the flight and survive in captivity.
I've put alot of thought into it.
Unless your really geared up for that kind of endeavor im not sure it be worth the risk.
Until I can travel to some of these spots and find the right people to do biz with lol

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back