My Mushroom Garden Table Saga 2.0 build thread

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its much harder than that and alot more expensive than you could imagine. You have to be licensed to import. That not the expensive hard part. The expensive hard part is finding the right connections. Paying the permit fees to import. Paying for said corals. Finding and paying to clear customs and then obviously paying connecting flights.

Then you have to hope you get what you pay for. Then hope the corals are disease and pest free and hope they make the flight and survive in captivity.
I've put alot of thought into it.
Unless your really geared up for that kind of endeavor im not sure it be worth the risk.
Until I can travel to some of these spots and find the right people to do biz with lol
Your last sentence is the important one.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your last sentence is the important one.
For sure man its the connections for me. I have met a cpl divers that will FaceTime you and let you hand pick through there corals. Thats the only way id do it.
Pretty sure shipping has everything pretty messed up right now though.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure man its the connections for me. I have met a cpl divers that will FaceTime you and let you hand pick through there corals. Thats the only way id do it.
Is it feasible to fly there and carry back? Yes you go through customs, but could you bring a cooler back wit you?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've driven back from Mexico across us borders declaring hundreds of pounds of fish dozens of times. Nobody's ever blinked and eye.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've driven back from Mexico across us borders declaring hundreds of pounds of fish dozens of times. Nobody's ever blinked and eye.
two words US government ..not gonna happen rt now.. ;)

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it feasible to fly there and carry back? Yes you go through customs, but could you bring a cooler back wit you?
Idk. Maybe. You would have to know if you could travel from that country with live corals like that without having the proper permits and such.
But yeah if it was that easy. A round trip plane ticket would be well worth going for some never before seen super rare corals but I'd imagine you would be paying too dollar for those anyway.
What top dollar is not sure. Ive been to Thailand and Vietnam and think I spent maybe 20 dollars on food the whole month so idk. Lol

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
two words US government ..not gonna happen rt now.. ;)
I wouldnt even worry about ours much. Its these exporting countries that the divers have to pay permits too be able to export.
I wouldn't imagine they would allow us to go in and not pay those permit fees.
Everyone would do it that way.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
it's crazy the corals in Thailand ,shops are stuffed ,cost next to nothing,we cannot touch here, :(

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's crazy the corals in Thailand ,shops are stuffed ,cost next to nothing,we cannot touch here, :(
Those big food bags are bomb though lol Better to be able to swallow fire as well. Super spicy but delicious. Pretty sure I ate for a dollar a day in Thailand. Amd that was probably 5 times a day at that. Super poor country

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not talking about doing it illicitly I'm talking about like a four personal use not for sale and distribution.
Some countries may let us go a buy corals and bring them home I'm really not sure. Something to definetely look in to. My wife travels all year long it would be cool if she could bring me home some shrooms lol

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home from work yesterday all geared up to do work. Only to find out wife took trip to crazy town scrubbing algae and cleaning up discs and made everything super mad lol.
I am literally removing every nasty bit of algae I see in my tables and will continue to do so until its growing on turf scrubbers and where I want it to grow!
Hope things have settled down enough to handle business tonight. Tired of looking at things this way lol
Screenshot_20210406-094048_Wyze.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this man super clean reef can just see it:)
What kind of rock is in there?
Some 30 year old diy rock, some 3 year old diy rock, some real Fiji rock, some real Indo rock, some KP rock and some dock rocks. (Rocks I hang off the dock in Florida for a year.

Basically a ton of rocks from all of my old systems.

9 tangs and I struggle to keep nutrients detectable. Even feeding 4 sheets of nori a day lol.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some 30 year old diy rock, some 3 year old diy rock, some real Fiji rock, some real Indo rock, some KP rock and some dock rocks. (Rocks I hang off the dock in Florida for a year.

Basically a ton of rocks from all of my old systems.

9 tangs and I struggle to keep nutrients detectable. Even feeding 4 sheets of nori a day lol.
Very cool man. Fish look super healthy.
Thanks for reminding me I think its about time I check nutrients since I set up this algae scrubber!

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,this is how i'm seeing them rt now .. :rolleyes: n clowns..;)
WP_20210408_19_48_23_Pro.jpg
WP_20210408_19_45_38_Pro.jpg
WP_20210408_19_45_39_Pro.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back