OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't wait had to set up and make corrections!
All in all I'm ok with the light escape. I have almost no light over spill into sump and if I was to tighten up any further not sure how it would breathe:D

Reefing is pretty much 100% around here. When I'm at work I'm on R2R trying to keep myself sane. When I'm home I'm tinkering making it all better. When I'm sleeping im having nightmares about certain reefing issues until I get a solution. When I wake up I fine tune thing before I got to work:D
20210403_201223.jpg
20210403_200702.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late night table #4 flow spam. This is how table #2 looks without the Tupperware deflection.
I have a 900 gpd pump in sump 1 and 2 pumping up about 3' turned all the way up in table 1 and 3.
Table 1 flowing through 2"L catch deduced to 1" moving water through it to table 2 #3 is doing same thing minus the Tupperware deflector.

Speaking of which. Tables #3 and 4 are ready to rock right now:D
I'll add the defelction later.
20210403_203721_1.gif

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol thanks, it's normally much bigger and fluffier but both it and the mini maxi are not stoked about the tank transfer this afternoon still.
How did everything go?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did everything go?
Pico all moved over! Looks good, just waiting on those two and random zoas to calm down about it. It's barely bigger than the other one was, but the layout is much different and it's running cooler which is a relief. The other ran at 82 and this one seems to be stable at 77, which may be part of why there are random sulkers still. Keeping an eye on the acros, might need to bump up the light a little bit % wise, not sure yet. Pulled all the bubble algae I could find, I think I'm going to get a small emerald crab and a mexican turbo (for my patch of red turf) to temporarily live in there.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pico all moved over! Looks good, just waiting on those two and random zoas to calm down about it. It's barely bigger than the other one was, but the layout is much different and it's running cooler which is a relief. The other ran at 82 and this one seems to be stable at 77, which may be part of why there are random sulkers still. Keeping an eye on the acros, might need to bump up the light a little bit % wise, not sure yet. Pulled all the bubble algae I could find, I think I'm going to get a small emerald crab and a mexican turbo (for my patch of red turf) to temporarily live in there.
Go with a small astrea snail instead of a turbo, they stay smaller and do a good job

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with a small astrea snail instead of a turbo, they stay smaller and do a good job
But they don't eat red turf, I've played this game with my big tank. There's already an astrea who lives in the pico regularly and it takes care of literally everything except that red turf. Mexican turbo specifically was the *only* thing that would touch it in the big tank to eradicate it.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushroom talk: what is this?
PXL_20210404_231016311.NIGHT.jpg
Lol bumped off me own thread again.
Idk your gonna have to send one so I can inspect it:) Very nice.

Speaking of turf algae you ever get a scrubber set up?

I'm about to go on a turf algae rampage next few days and totally remove and eradicate it from my system.
Since I got through this chemiclean blast, my water source cleaned up, oxygen in my tank its looking a little different like its gonna take care of itself as long as I stay on it. Turning from dark brown to a greener or lighter color and not growing back in most places.
Shrooms hate whatever it is though.
Screenshot_20210405-110557_Wyze.jpg

@Lost in the Sauce check out Roxanne above the other red disco in left side. This is what happens when I show her too much love she gets all bossy and tries to start running things on me haha

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what I'm looking at, other than a drool worthy collection..
My bad this Roxanne has nearly doubled in size in last week since I gave her a real spot on table:D
I'm gonna remove all her babies and start a new table here when I get things cleaned up in next few days.
20210405_120235.jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad this Roxanne has nearly doubled in size in last week since I gave her a real spot on table:D
I'm gonna remove all her babies and start a new table here when I get things cleaned up in next few days.
20210405_120235.jpg
Dangit. That's what I THOUGHT was up. She looks eugeeeeeee!! What par do you think she's sitting under?

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dangit. That's what I THOUGHT was up. She looks eugeeeeeee!! What par do you think she's sitting under?
Honestly I have no idea at this point. Hottest spot under my table was sitting at 125-150 par before I raised my lamp.
Really need to get meter back and see whats up. If I was to guess probably somewhere around 75par. They like the lamp for sure.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. Now that I've got my aquascape set and the new lights set on the display tank, I think it would behoove me to get a meter and test where I have everything.
Definitely reccomend par meter on new lamp especially the new leds with super high par output. I tried to get mine close by "looks" of light. Ended up being off by 150 par to the hot side lol

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely reccomend par meter on new lamp especially the new leds with super high par output. I tried to get mine close by "looks" of light. Ended up being off by 150 par to the hot side lol
I can only imagine what my par is... 3x Kessil A360WE's and 4 39watt t5... sitting approximately 13 inches above tank with 12 inch depth...

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have one you recommend? I don't have any reefing buddies. Plenty of reefer buddies but whole other set of tooling there.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back