OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of scapes do you like?
To me that rock at the front would make a great ledge if it was turned upside down and placed on top of another

Have a play, take pictures and play again
Okay, I’ll keep rearranging and posting pics. I like arc and cave scapes.

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like 4 the best, this crappy phone camera doesn’t do it justice. Now I’m wondering about the lighting schedule.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are u planning on getting?
I would say 2 clowns+ a cleaner shrimp + a snail or hermit
or 1 clown + a goby + a cleaner shrimp + a snail or hermit
for the 16.
It might be a lot tho.
Also, I’m always open for more fish suggestions. I already have been looking into a couple suggested by @Ratvan. Just make sure they are applicable to a 16 gallon tank.

By the way, I did about 25 arrangements but these 4 are the ones that stood out to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really? in the 16G i dont see them...
well in that case u can just get either 2 clowns or 1 clown 1 goby or maybe some type of damsel
It doesn’t have water in it yet all the inverts I just listed are in my five gallon. And are very happy(and fat). I was just mixing up my aquascape in this tank, it still needs to be cycled. Sorry if I made it seem like it was full and running. Look at my 5 gallon at the beginning of this thread. And trust me 1 snail and crab isn’t enough for a 16 gallon. The snails I have right now are eating algae of the ugly stage of my 5 gallon, and are there still is a considerable amount of algae. The Nerites do a lot of the work and the dwarf ceriths are lazy.

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current state of 5 gallon, I eliminated a lot of algae and added more. Added more coral, including my first lps(a duncan). I also added Anthelia and PSP.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 days into cycling the biocube
image.jpg

My 5 gallon is doing quite well too, my Duncan just starting growing a new head and I have to find a way to get the little bit of encrusted Anthelia off the rock as well.

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like this one, If you are going mainly softies you have enough sandbed for shrooms. You have a spot on the right (looking into the tank) for a toadstool to sit up there. plenty of rock face for Zoas. How far away from the water surface if the top of the rock and what lights will it have? Maybe something up top that needs a little more light if you have enough room like a frogspawn or hammer. Simple LPS.

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this one, If you are going mainly softies you have enough sandbed for shrooms. You have a spot on the right (looking into the tank) for a toadstool to sit up there. plenty of rock face for Zoas. How far away from the water surface if the top of the rock and what lights will it have? Maybe something up top that needs a little more light if you have enough room like a frogspawn or hammer. Simple LPS.
It’s about 9 inches from water surface and I’m using the default light. So at the top of the rock it’s about 125 par with the default light. I’m already keeping a Duncan and also thinking of getting a candy cane. I don’t plan to have any Euphyllia in the tank sadly, but maybe other hardier LPS.

I have a cave in the front so I been thinking of a watchman goby(possibly)and/or clowns. Maybe if I want something more unique I’ll start researching other species.

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s about 9 inches from water surface and I’m using the default light. So at the top of the rock it’s about 125 par with the default light. I’m already keeping a Duncan and also thinking of getting a candy cane. I don’t plan to have any Euphyllia in the tank sadly, but maybe other hardier LPS.

I have a cave in the front so I been thinking of a watchman goby(possibly)and/or clowns. Maybe if I want something more unique I’ll start researching other species.
Candy cane should do good up there.

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After testing zero for ammonia for seven days straight. I’ve decided to add in two clowns for now(possibly swap for another fish in the future). I also added a fake anemone to see how they react. Now remember these clowns may be temporary.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for not updating this thread.

I have gotten a small clean up crew to eat all the film algae(and other algae) growing everywhere. The clownfish aren’t interested in the fake anemone but they will swim in it sometimes. I have also noticed small coralline growths on snail shells and rocks.

That’s it for now. I will add more updates and post in the future.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again very sorry I haven’t got to post in this thread for months, I have been extremely busy. I will give an update on both tanks in the morning.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back