Black Indian Trigger Tank Size

Mojo11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Black Indian Trigger about 2 months ago. He was at my LFS for a few months, I finally broke down and got him. Currently he’s in a 75 with a Maroon clown. Live rock tank with lots of Macro Algae and a couple coral.
I know a 75 is too small. The trigger is about 4” and from what I’ve seen online they get about 10”. My question is, will a 60”x24” tank be enough to house the trigger for the foreseeable future? I have a nice spot to put a tank but 60” is all I will have.

Trying to avoid another 6’ tank in my house. Thanks!
IMG_0864.jpeg

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Black Indian Trigger about 2 months ago. He was at my LFS for a few months, I finally broke down and got him. Currently he’s in a 75 with a Maroon clown. Live rock tank with lots of Macro Algae and a couple coral.
I know a 75 is too small. The trigger is about 4” and from what I’ve seen online they get about 10”. My question is, will a 60”x24” tank be enough to house the trigger for the foreseeable future? I have a nice spot to put a tank but 60” is all I will have.

Trying to avoid another 6’ tank in my house. Thanks!
IMG_0864.jpeg
You might get away with a 5 foot tank but yes a 6 foot would be ideal. All my triggers I have or previously had were all active fish and used the entire tank. Another factor is what else will be keot with the trigger. A bigger tank always helps with reducing aggression.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back