Black Indian Trigger Tank Size

Mojo11

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Milwaukee
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Black Indian Trigger about 2 months ago. He was at my LFS for a few months, I finally broke down and got him. Currently he’s in a 75 with a Maroon clown. Live rock tank with lots of Macro Algae and a couple coral.
I know a 75 is too small. The trigger is about 4” and from what I’ve seen online they get about 10”. My question is, will a 60”x24” tank be enough to house the trigger for the foreseeable future? I have a nice spot to put a tank but 60” is all I will have.

Trying to avoid another 6’ tank in my house. Thanks!
IMG_0864.jpeg
 
I purchased a Black Indian Trigger about 2 months ago. He was at my LFS for a few months, I finally broke down and got him. Currently he’s in a 75 with a Maroon clown. Live rock tank with lots of Macro Algae and a couple coral.
I know a 75 is too small. The trigger is about 4” and from what I’ve seen online they get about 10”. My question is, will a 60”x24” tank be enough to house the trigger for the foreseeable future? I have a nice spot to put a tank but 60” is all I will have.

Trying to avoid another 6’ tank in my house. Thanks!
IMG_0864.jpeg
You might get away with a 5 foot tank but yes a 6 foot would be ideal. All my triggers I have or previously had were all active fish and used the entire tank. Another factor is what else will be keot with the trigger. A bigger tank always helps with reducing aggression.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new