OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay this is the 16g, it’s now 7 months old and I transferred about half of the creatures from my 5g. Currently, it’s having some algae issues.

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 5g, it’s about 10 months old and I’m planning on transferring everything except for the anthelia to the 16g after the lps worm outbreak is eradicated.
image.jpg

steelrain119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You. An def get more fish for you biocube. I have a fluval 13.5 and I have 2 clowns, yellow goby, mandarin goby, hectar goby and fire fish. For inverts I have 3 crabs, 2 hermit crabs, pistol shrimp, cleaner shrimp and Pom Pom crab

C641B1FB-51FE-4C91-B24C-DC954C871928.jpeg

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You. An def get more fish for you biocube. I have a fluval 13.5 and I have 2 clowns, yellow goby, mandarin goby, hectar goby and fire fish. For inverts I have 3 crabs, 2 hermit crabs, pistol shrimp, cleaner shrimp and Pom Pom crab

C641B1FB-51FE-4C91-B24C-DC954C871928.jpeg

Your tank looks very nice, I’m just worried to add too much because of over stocking. I’m planning to get more coral and upgrade my light. Maybe I’ll consider getting more fish or inverts. My tank is still young.

steelrain119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks very nice, I’m just worried to add too much because of over stocking. I’m planning to get more coral and upgrade my light. Maybe I’ll consider getting more fish or inverts. My tank is still young.
I added a fish once every month. Definitely did not do it all at ounce. Also get some of those bio balls they work great it will increase your love bacteria.

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, a little more than a month later. My 16g year is doing fine and is in the midst of an ugly phase. It has the typical parameters of young tank and the coral seem to be doing fine. I noticed that there was some tissue recision on my GSP from what may be from low phosphate or too much lights. But it seems to have stop receding. I gave away my zoas because they just not doing that well. Then my duncan has grown more heads and is recovering well from the lps flatworms.

Otherwise, for Christmas, I managed to save up enough to upgrade my lighting to an a160we with a spectral controller. So I hope that has a good impact on coral growth and the overall future of the tank. Since I have low light corals I keep the intensity at most 40% (ramping up and down throughout the day) with the color dominantly blue. I’m also looking to getting a screen cover for the tank so nothing jumps/crawls out.

Lastly, I’m going to get rid of that fake anemone soon.
Pic:
image.jpg

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for my little tank, the anthelia took the whole thing over and o decided to restart. I gave my anthelia away and cleaned out the tank. I put a new rock in there, along with some new sand. I’m thinking out eventually making it into a small softie tank.
Currently cycling:
image.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 68 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back