My new 120gal

iambenfields

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers

Im Ben, I’ve lurked on here for a while but I’m back in the game! I had tanks in college but I took time away from the hobbyfor a decade or so. I started back into it with a Red Sea Max 130d that I added a sump and LED’s to but I couldn’t get the parameters right and tbh the small working area made such a chore of maintaining the thing that I stopped caring and just did the bare minimum of work to keep the inhabitants alive.

Last August I ordered a 4x2x2 starphire tank from Glasscages (I’m in Nashville and love supporting local businesses) and after a couple hiccups I took it home in October.

built my stand and hood but with a new business I had trouble finding the time to finish the whole thing - until a global pandemic hit! I built a sump room in my basement to act as a support for the floor and allow adequate room for all the equipment I wanted to set up and now it’s been running for 2 months or thereabouts.

next post I’ll add my equipment setup and pics, but I’m excited to be back to it and part of the R2R community.

OP
OP
I

iambenfields

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current FTS!!!

image.jpg

OP
OP
I

iambenfields

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My scape is all the new base rock, but I threw all my old live rock in for the time being to seed coralline algae - it’s working! Tiny purple dots popping up all over the place.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back