My new 180 upgrade, pic intensive, lots o' coral... =)

Rskillz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some down time today to simply turn on music and take photos of my tank. With the lady and the baby gone, it's quite peaceful to tank different shots of random perspectives of the tank/coral/fish. This 180 has been up for about 10 days, and was the result of an upgrade from a 72 gallon.

I've added a few fish thus far, Helfrichi pair, Mystery Wrasse, Anthias Trio, Starry Blenny, Melanarus Wrasse are all new and doing great.

All pictures were taken on a Canon T1i under Phoenix 14k, LED actinic, and CF actinic. I didn't do any editing.

Let me know what ya think!

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

OP
OP
Rskillz

Rskillz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rofl, yea it was pretty patheticly packed. Most of my stuff is frags and they STILL had no room to grow. I really need to include the pic of the two women in my life who allow this nonsense, haha.

4p.jpg

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the pics! do those pinks ones have a name? i have the same ones in my tank, my best grower!

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pieces! Thanks for sharing some pics. Any equipment shot?

OP
OP
Rskillz

Rskillz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which pink ones? I have Mohawks, Pink Zippers, Chong Bong, and Explosions, all are pink. The Zippers grow like a weed for sure.

OP
OP
Rskillz

Rskillz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pieces! Thanks for sharing some pics. Any equipment shot?

Here are a few; I like to keep it pretty simple. I use 3 Mp40s, reefkeeper 2, Calc reactor, Reeflo Dart pump, 3 250w Phoenix 14k, 5 Truelumen Actinic strips, 2 reactors (carbon and biopellets) Skimmer is a super reef octopus 3000

Keep in mind this stuff is not dialed in or cleaned up yet, lol...looking messy

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty nice pics...i like the mystery wrasse pic...dang, that's a ton of wires in the sump area!!!

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice tank. Great photography too. I would love to see those pics after you did some post processing.

Bob

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which pink ones? I have Mohawks, Pink Zippers, Chong Bong, and Explosions, all are pink. The Zippers grow like a weed for sure.

sorry for being so vague, i was referring to the picture below the star fish picture.

Glenn

Reefer and Model Railroad
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to go out on a little limb :) and assume that this is a 6x2x2 tank (I think the other option for a 180 is 30" tall - and yours doesn't look that tall)

I'll be setting up a 180 in the Fall and was wonder how your flow is? What size main pump do you have and are you running two returns and overflows (one in each corner) ? I was only planning on two MP40's (one on each end) but also have two MP10's I was going to use on the back glass (they would be 24" in from each end) for cross-flow.

What lighting are you using? I plan to start with 48 LEDs but hope to upgrade to 72.

GREAT looking tank - hope I can get my to look that nice.

OP
OP
Rskillz

Rskillz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to go out on a little limb :) and assume that this is a 6x2x2 tank (I think the other option for a 180 is 30" tall - and yours doesn't look that tall)

I'll be setting up a 180 in the Fall and was wonder how your flow is? What size main pump do you have and are you running two returns and overflows (one in each corner) ? I was only planning on two MP40's (one on each end) but also have two MP10's I was going to use on the back glass (they would be 24" in from each end) for cross-flow.

What lighting are you using? I plan to start with 48 LEDs but hope to upgrade to 72.

GREAT looking tank - hope I can get my to look that nice.

Yup, 6x2x2. I am using a mag12 right now, but got in a replacement reeflo dart today. So that will boost the flow considerably. I think the dart is roughly 3x the power of the mag 12

As for lighting, it is 3 250w Phoenix 14k halides, All 460nm actinic, and 5 LED actinic strips by Current USA. I love blue.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back