OP
B

Ben13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i think i will give it a go to see, should they nitrate by spiking yet or will it take a while?

OP
OP
B

Ben13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just did it and got 100mg/l!? pretty sure this isnt normal and i believe i did the test corrrectly so why am i getting this crazy score?

OP
OP
B

Ben13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Previously yea, but have put all new live rock heater, filter and skimmer still the same though, water new also

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't stress too much about it, your tank is still new and cycling and this is normal. Just keep an eye on it.

OP
OP
B

Ben13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, thanks very much for your help :) i hav noticed alot of fan worms and small life in the tank so it may be that, but thanks again :)

OP
OP
B

Ben13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GOOD news, nitrates are down to 15 mgl underneath 0.01 mgl on ammonia and i think its 0.5-1mgl on nitrites. Gonna try to go to LFS on sunday to use their tests and see if im ready for a crab/snail

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that anemone could be a majano, if that is the case it would be best to remove it as they can become as much a pest as aiptasia. also watch out on mushrooms, i have some now that are as bad if not worse than aiptasia or majanos lol they are growing everywere and actually smothering some of my sps.

are you able to get a better shot of:
img7958pi.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Ben13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try tommorow for some more shots and thanks for the information! :) I will keep an eye on it if becomes any trouble it's goodbye and with the mushrooms I havent seen any growth at all just happy there not doing anything either so I will keep an eye on both. From what i have seen on google images the majano doesnt look too much alike but i will still get more pictures, better safe than sorry.

SaltyReefs

Reef Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Ben, They are invasive little *******s you need to keep them on check. I would remove that rock and leave it out in the sun for a couple of days and any other rock that has them for that matter. If you have very little to no coral in there, now is the time because once you stock your tank it is a PITA to battle aiptasia.

OP
OP
B

Ben13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys thanks for the tips, thank i have 5 or 6 growing in a different piece of rock but very small ones, i will try with salt first, dont want to take too drastic actions

spanko

Henry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good, let us know how it goes. The table salt fix is the easiest and least invasive for the rock as it does not kill off anything else. You can keep the rock out of the water for quite some time (1/2 hour anyway) without any adverse die off or anything. Good luck!

OP
OP
B

Ben13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Today went into LFS and did tests and everything and said everything is perfect and i got a beautiful Zoanthid colony, Red scooter blenny and 4 haloween crabs, Aclimating now will post some picks up later :D and i think the anemone is in an small hole so i might place some epoxy over the top and trap it in

OP
OP
B

Ben13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the pics guys :)

And I shall name him Jim
IMG_8189.JPG

My absoloute bargain polyps -

IMG_8198.JPG

Halloween leg crabs

IMG_8214.JPG

OP
OP
B

Ben13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, today i got Jim my scooter blenny a little mate and a wonderfull clown pair. Jim and Jimima bonded extremely well and Jim getting very exited with his fancy fin within 30 seconds :D. The clowns have some beautifull colour and both the scooters are eating wonderfully as with the clowns(I have a fantastic LFS).
Some shots of my pick ups:)

Krusty and Sideshow Bob
IMG_8260.JPG

And another pic :D
IMG_8262.JPG

Sorry for the not so good picture quality, Just wanted to capture jims fin :p
IMG_8276.JPG

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 124 75.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back