Tank upgrade !

muzzy22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, sorry I’m advance for the long question(s) !

I currently have a Red Sea nano (105 litres) that has been functioning for about a year. It has 2 corals ( hammers) 1 yellow watchman goby with a pistrol shrimp 1 hawk and a royal gramma. A few snails and starfish aswell !

I also have a 215 aqua one reefys, that had 2 fish in it which died from white spot about 6 weeks ago. I have kept the tank running, bought a eheim uv light for it so hopeing it’s all clean and white spot free when I decide to upgrade.

I have just purchased a Red Sea max S500. I am planning on using the water out of the 215 and 105 to add to the new tank+ 180 litres of new salt water.

So I guess my question are:

Is 180 litres of water too much to add ? Will it affect the fish I currently have ? If so does that mean I will need to start over again and cycle from new ?

WilL the 215 tank be good to use the water out of ? My local guy said 6 weeks is fine, just wondering if anyone else has been through a similar experience.

TY

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, sorry I’m advance for the long question(s) !

I currently have a Red Sea nano (105 litres) that has been functioning for about a year. It has 2 corals ( hammers) 1 yellow watchman goby with a pistrol shrimp 1 hawk and a royal gramma. A few snails and starfish aswell !

I also have a 215 aqua one reefys, that had 2 fish in it which died from white spot about 6 weeks ago. I have kept the tank running, bought a eheim uv light for it so hopeing it’s all clean and white spot free when I decide to upgrade.

I have just purchased a Red Sea max S500. I am planning on using the water out of the 215 and 105 to add to the new tank+ 180 litres of new salt water.

So I guess my question are:

Is 180 litres of water too much to add ? Will it affect the fish I currently have ? If so does that mean I will need to start over again and cycle from new ?

WilL the 215 tank be good to use the water out of ? My local guy said 6 weeks is fine, just wondering if anyone else has been through a similar experience.

TY
Unless trying to save costs on salt there's no reason at all to use the new water.

If transferring rock, there will probably be a minor amount of die off and detritus stirred up which will bring nutrients up anyway.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back