OP
57buick

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool :)

Might consider adding some red macroalgae to your 'fuge; grows fast for nutrient export and free food for your tangs.

I thought about that but was worried it would swamp the halimeda and mermaid fans and choke off the light etc...maybe after this stuff starts growing well ill fit some in

OP
OP
57buick

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a 15ft USb cable from the Apex around to the fresh mix tank and installed a PM2 module so I will be able to monitor the salinity and match the mix before it automatically does a water change. I will be installing another EB8 so the apex can keep the temp stable too to match the main tank water.

Then of course the guy hanging there to guard it all LOL he's stylish in his top hat

20160209_175438.jpg

OP
OP
57buick

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Goodies!!! The Genesis Renew automatic water change system and some more Neptune pieces

Genesis Reef System.jpg

goodies DOS.jpg

OP
OP
57buick

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep losing my seaweed clip when the suction cup cant hold on. My unicorn tang is a beast ripping apart that seaweed. lol SO I fixed that issue attaching fishing line from a road and reel to the veggie clip lol

seaweed holder.jpg

OP
OP
57buick

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3" drain bulkhead and 1.5" return mounted in the floor. I started giggling when I saw how huge a 3 inch bulkhead was lol

bulkheads1.jpg

CoryWM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that tank sitting directly on top of the IBC tote? I've seen some people do this. I see you have removed the braces on top? I'm wanting to try this and leave the front brace on it still ? I'd be using totes like the ones in this link which I think are very similar to the ones you're using? https://www.ntotank.com/ibc-totes I really want to try it but at the same time don't want to crack a tank.

OP
OP
57buick

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that tank sitting directly on top of the IBC tote? I've seen some people do this. I see you have removed the braces on top? I'm wanting to try this and leave the front brace on it still ? I'd be using totes like the ones in this link which I think are very similar to the ones you're using? https://www.ntotank.com/ibc-totes I really want to try it but at the same time don't want to crack a tank.

yes but I did build a small steel frame for the bottom of the tank just to be safe, These IBC totes though are built to be stacked in warehouses 3 high so they can hold a few thousand pounds

OP
OP
57buick

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been busy with work and plumbing but new pics to come soon, and the new 400g tank and stand are ordered

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
57buick

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the stand put together and canopy frame. Now have to work on the wood panels for them. Might take awhile to get that done. I used May-Cad software to design it and then had May-tec machine the parts for me. I'm pretty happy with it so far. You can see the bulkheads in the floor also that will bring the plumbing into the stand from the garage

canopy1.jpg

canopy2.jpg

stand3.jpg

stand4.jpg

OP
OP
57buick

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot done the last few months. Short on money. Still need to get 8 or so guys to lift this tank onto the stand.

tank.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back