my new baby... AKA The Café

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auto place just quoted me over 600 to replace my brakes. (I took it in for an oil change)

I just bought all 4 replacements for $97 after a discount code and I'll buy the husband some fancy beer & it's done. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They also want to replace my struts & swaybar. Total estimate was 1369. Good thing I know a few guys who do this stuff.

I just wanted an oil change guys.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auto place just quoted me over 600 to replace my brakes. (I took it in for an oil change)

I just bought all 4 replacements for $97 after a discount code and I'll buy the husband some fancy beer & it's done. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They also want to replace my struts & swaybar. Total estimate was 1369. Good thing I know a few guys who do this stuff.

I wouldnt go back there. I hate places that try to upsell stuff people dont need!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is no need to replace a sway bar 99.9% of the time. Maybe the end links, but the sway bar, no. Unless you do road coarse racing and had it preloaded too much.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no need to replace a sway bar 99.9% of the time. Maybe the end links, but the sway bar, no. Unless you do road coarse racing and had it preloaded too much.
"It's a commonly faulty part with xterras"

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took my care in to American Auto to get emissions done. Came back as failed, said the gas cap needed to be replaced since the seal was gone. I had just gotten gas before I went there and knew the cap was fine. They had actually cut the seal off before testing so it would fail. Wanted to sell me a $65 cap. I never went back there again! and tell everyone I know not to go there.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% don't doubt that my brakes need attention, I have not changed them since I got this car a few years ago. All I did was replace all four tires immediately. Plus there is a bit of weird rumbling happening recently. So cool, thanks for letting me know what needs done, but Bojan (car friend) can replace them for cost of parts and food/beer because that's his passion and not his job and if I try to give him money too he'll get offended. Food is our compromise.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"It's a commonly faulty part with xterras"
End links and bushings are commonly faulty. I build Nissans for rock crawling and have never had issues with a Xterra sway bar. (under normal conditions) Just the end links and bushings.

Only reason to need to replace the sway bar itself, is if you are too lazy to let PB blaster penetrate or take a grinder to the end link bolt if it is seized.

Bushings go to crap, so go back with poly bushing, end links, I prefer Moog.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% don't doubt that my brakes need attention, I have not changed them since I got this car a few years ago. All I did was replace all four tires immediately. Plus there is a bit of weird rumbling happening recently. So cool, thanks for letting me know what needs done, but Bojan (car friend) can replace them for cost of parts and food/beer because that's his passion and not his job and if I try to give him money too he'll get offended. Food is our compromise.
Yeah I just did a break job for a friend on his F250, he buys parts and I fix. Actually he still owes me a bottle or two!!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
End links and bushings are commonly faulty. I build Nissans for rock crawling and have never had issues with a Xterra sway bar. (under normal conditions) Just the end links and bushings.

Only reason to need to replace the sway bar itself, is if you are too lazy to let PB blaster penetrate or take a grinder to the end link bolt if it is seized.

Also, if front sway bar, it take about 15 minutes to do bushings and end links lol. I dont even jack up or take wheels off. Just turn them left or right, so I can get to the links lol. If done correctly, do nt even need to use a pry bar to get sway bar lined back up to puts bolts in the bushing retainers lol.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, Matt will do the brakes, Boki will come over and look at it and probably say f the sway bar, buy these things, I'll be back next weekend.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard pass on...
basketball.... blew out the first achilles

hockey..... used to play pickup no check league, but some guys thought they was playing for real. :rolleyes:
little bro had to have back surgery for two dislocated discs after being crosschecked.

wrenching.... don't know how. don't wanna. funny thing... people assume because i design tooling that puts your vehicles together i know how to work on them.;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WELL...can't say i didn't try to keep temps up... :D
IMG_20220119_115520_538.jpg
IMG_20220119_121307_676.jpg

poor pups...:rolleyes: ground too soggy...;)
IMG_20220119_121101_366.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back