my new baby... AKA The Café

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
radions going to deep blue ..pic is too dark..Mrs 1Ocean has been colleting zoa's like crazy and they are growing...

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bourbon time here while stuff cooks on grill.. I am totally happy with tank. 300 has been up 10 months now since the disaster with the powder blue and velvet restart the tank. It has surpassed any tank I had before and thanks to all of you here helping and giving me advice to achieve this goal. I do enjoy making things out of acrylic, my new passion..Just about ready to put together my 5 gallon ato/kalk or whatever someone wants to put in them containers. I have a huge table cnc router. Now looking at getting a acrylic heat table that lets you heat and bend acrylic...to exact angle of degree...

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bourbon time here while stuff cooks on grill.. I am totally happy with tank. 300 has been up 10 months now since the disaster with the powder blue and velvet restart the tank. It has surpassed any tank I had before and thanks to all of you here helping and giving me advice to achieve this goal. I do enjoy making things out of acrylic, my new passion..Just about ready to put together my 5 gallon ato/kalk or whatever someone wants to put in them containers. I have a huge table cnc router. Now looking at getting a acrylic heat table that lets you heat and bend acrylic...to exact angle of degree...
After you bend the acrylic on the heat table you have to over come the "necking" in the heat area and machine the entire edge surface flat again. How are you going to achieve that? I built a custom machine to accomplish this in my shop. A large Z axis CNC machine over 30" tall would handle most tanks. Some people attempted to use a large bed joiner to make the surface flat again ready for the top and bottom to be bonded on. I used to bend flat back hexagons and hexagons at one time with a five strip heater set up. FTM Plastics makes reasonable cost strip heater tables. Otherwise, you are looking at Shanon Machines or something like that that heats both sides at the same time.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
POP...
:frowning-face:...You are correct...:frowning-face: feel like a real wrassehole too...

IMG_20221004_192753_555.jpg
IMG_20221004_193432_553.jpg

Miss y'all,hopefully back soon...

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Store caught wrasse yesterday, showed up today and it was missing from the tank they had it in. Got 4 chromis instead . Tank needed some schooling or whatever the d word is for the fish type.

So I'm still wrasse less. If the blue side doesn't come out.

Saga continues , now I feel like @danieyella and her craiglist people

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back