my new baby... AKA The Café

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would rather build computers for myself and my family then play that game of trying to catch and cut aips
I do enjoy both. But, most people sweat bullets when having to replace pc parts. ... speaking of pcs... Husband needs his heatsink and he's got a nice build to put together. Gpus have gotten huge!

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Giving me the squibblies
don't you also have a " s oxidizer thingy " and what does it do ? explain plain ...;)
What ninja skills do you have? I come near them and they shrivel up to hide from me.... How are you cutting them at all?

I would rather build computers for myself and my family then play that game of trying to catch and cut aips

You can get phos removing pads to put in your sump - won't work nearly as quickly though
night time , snip w sharp tight scissors , wee hrs... ;)
I do enjoy both. But, most people sweat bullets when having to replace pc parts. ... speaking of pcs... Husband needs his heatsink and he's got a nice build to put together. Gpus have gotten huge!
LOL... When mine breaks, just pull the drive, and buy another 3-400 $ cpu, but have lost a lot of pics over the years...:rolleyes:

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t they though? They’re computers in their own right. I love building PCs. I did one a couple years ago for my wife. I’ll have to snap a picture of it sometime. It’s a work station board on an ATX form factor.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL... When mine breaks, just pull the drive, and buy another 3-400 $ cpu, but have lost a lot of pics over the years...:rolleyes:
With limited availability on older parts, sometimes that 8 year old pc has to retire. Husband was due for a new system. They shipped everything except the heatsink. :loudly-crying-face: 5 years ago, a ligytning bolt hit the house. Fortunately, only the ethernet port got hurt. Annoying nonetheless.
Haven’t they though? They’re computers in their own right. I love building PCs. I did one a couple years ago for my wife. I’ll have to snap a picture of it sometime. It’s a work station board on an ATX form factor.
They are. Gpus do a lot of work. My old gpu was a 1060. So very very small compared to what my husband got. I truly forget what gpu it is....

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
still tryin to get my printer to print again , been a while ,new only used couple times , i can make copies though... :rolleyes:
N a Tang for Tuesday...;):)
IMG_20230316_125232_405.jpg

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So
Somebody say building PC's...?

Attachments

• 20230316_191251.jpg
    20230316_191251.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 17

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those are nice, but... im looking at my monitor.. the case is going to be seriously distracting. Causing me to look away from the monitor.
Depends on the size of your monitor and where you put the case:

20230316_192148.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends on the size of your monitor and where you put the case:
That defeats the purpose of all the aesthetics. It's now a shiny foot warmer!
I also didn't liked curved screens when gaming. We wont get into that.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That defeats the purpose of all the aesthetics. It's now a shiny foot warmer!
I also didn't liked curved screens when gaming. We wont get into that.
To each their own. I switched to this monitor from three 27" when I got rid of my Obutto Ozone cockpit. For me, it depends on the game. I play a lot of RPGs and space Sims. So with the wide field of view, I prefer the curve.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To each their own. I switched to this monitor from three 27" when I got rid of my Obutto Ozone cockpit. For me, it depends on the game. I play a lot of RPGs and space Sims. So with the wide field of view, I prefer the curve.
Space sims? Do tell.

-piques in Minmatar-

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like my player vs player. So, all i get to enjoy is my hit box. I watch cds fall off the bar. No time to enjoy watching the flower petals scatter.

But yes, we customize our rigs to our enjoyment. That much I appreciate with our homes, aquariums, computers and the whiskey cabinets.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • D/C

Votes: 43 61.4%
  • Both

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 12 17.1%
Back