my new baby... AKA The Café

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Goaway Now that I know who you are :) You will easily beat the dinos. Especially if I did it.

Something I wish i did back then would have beens tart with a scope, identify and attack. Got waste deep in buying UV and other crap before taking the first step.

Kitchen sink technique dont recommend. The get dirty and get levels up was the most shocking. It took a couple of days of DUMPING phosphate and nitrate into the tank to get them to register.

Sure you are in a better spot than I. Can help if needed but others are who helped me.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Goaway Now that I know who you are :) You will easily beat the dinos. Especially if I did it.

Something I wish i did back then would have beens tart with a scope, identify and attack. Got waste deep in buying UV and other crap before taking the first step.

Kitchen sink technique dont recommend. The get dirty and get levels up was the most shocking. It took a couple of days of DUMPING phosphate and nitrate into the tank to get them to register.

Sure you are in a better spot than I. Can help if needed but others are who helped me.
Don't worry. I think about a nice amount of fish will help the long run. But, im a bit sick of getting fish.
Neonitro on the way, shrimp rotting in sump. And seriously, Maybe the miyagi hated me taking pictures tilted... Not kidden.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Glad we talked bud. Text being our only communication thus far makes it tough to understand tone and where I am coming from. Hearing your perspective and the others who have an issue with the way I interact on Reef to Reef, does make a difference. I wish the others would have spoken to me about it rather than just hitting an ignore button.

In general I have a ton of passion for the hobby and am eager to learn. It it may come across as squirrely.

I thought more about what we talked about and knowing it may seem to some like i don't listen I do in fact put a lot into practice that ya'll have taught me. Letting the skimmer run back into the tank, getting simpler, getting dirty, MOAR rock are a few. That being said...There are differing opinions in the group on how to run tanks even... (something i thought about on the run today)

Really respect the phone call, most people wouldn't even do that these days.

Reset and keep reefing.

...and Happy belated B-day @Lost in the Sauce!
I understand entirely about the words into text thing. Sometimes I like to have fun with it and act all offended. In all seriousness it's very easy to take things out of context because I can't always accurately read the feeling into it that you intended. There are lots of well meaning people that can get hurt or offended by this and there are plenty of people looking to be offended any chance they get. Talking things out is definitely the best way to correct these things!

Bravo to you sir!

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad we talked bud. Text being our only communication thus far makes it tough to understand tone and where I am coming from. Hearing your perspective and the others who have an issue with the way I interact on Reef to Reef, does make a difference. I wish the others would have spoken to me about it rather than just hitting an ignore button.

In general I have a ton of passion for the hobby and am eager to learn. It it may come across as squirrely.

I thought more about what we talked about and knowing it may seem to some like i don't listen I do in fact put a lot into practice that ya'll have taught me. Letting the skimmer run back into the tank, getting simpler, getting dirty, MOAR rock are a few. That being said...There are differing opinions in the group on how to run tanks even... (something i thought about on the run today)

Really respect the phone call, most people wouldn't even do that these days.

Reset and keep reefing.

...and Happy belated B-day @Lost in the Sauce!
Happy to see you back Nate... ;) :)

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... I am struggling here. Is it possible that I am consuming 1 dkh per hour? I keep supplementing and the alk keeps disapearing... mag is at 1400 ca is at 425 alk is idk... dosent make any sense.
Screenshot_20230321-193434_APEXFusion.jpg

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok... I am struggling here. Is it possible that I am consuming 1 dkh per hour? I keep supplementing and the alk keeps disapearing... mag is at 1400 ca is at 425 alk is idk... dosent make any sense.
Screenshot_20230321-193434_APEXFusion.jpg
something is misreading IMO...

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That was my initial thought as well. I am just confused why it is happening now when it wasn't before.
have a test to compare to ? manual not Hannah ?

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I would like to... I can't blame it...
The alk is fed into the Apex as a pH reading from my KH guardian. The Apex doesn't know any better than what it is told.
Sean My KHG gets weird readings sometimes too.... I dont have Apex... I can pull logs and show you its honestly bad.

When really I am at 8. I have it adjusted for -2 DKH. and finally just went with its going to read higher.

1679449365786.png

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sean My KHG gets weird readings sometimes too.... I dont have Apex... I can pull logs and show you its honestly bad.
Well this is a first for me. And I guess I can't call them weird reading when they are inline with other test.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

When really I am at 8. I have it adjusted for -2 DKH. and finally just went with its going to read higher.

1679449365786.png
Confused Britney Spears GIF

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1679449365786.png
I am going to "down grade" my KHG Firmware. That may be the issue.

Thanks.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have done manual test. Redsea and that fancy API. Everything aligns.
there's no way swinging 5-8 and dosing to boot , somethings not accurate
something went off 19th

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 47 47.0%
  • Full frame

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 38 38.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.0%

Back